Author Topic: False positive Trojan?  (Read 3122 times)

Nasar

False positive Trojan?
« on: February 25, 2014, 05:24:19 AM »
I have Avast Movile Security on my android device for a long time, but last week when i was reeding an articule on Flipboard Avast detected a trojan called: Android Agent-CBU (Trj) in my launcher application, i tried to delete it but its impossible; i restored the factory settings but the virus's alert came back after 2 minutes without installing any other aplication than avast.
Could it be a false positive case?

Offline denics

• Avast team
    • avast!
Re: False positive Trojan?
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2014, 09:17:38 AM »
Hello, could you please tell us what is the name of the application that avast found the virus in? You said it was your launcher.. was it a stock launcher or some other launcher? Thanks
Denis Konopiský - avast! VirusLab | Android & Windows Malware | VPS Operations | Whitelisting

Nasar

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2014, 04:46:11 AM »
Hello Denis:
the launcher is the one that came with the phone, it's a stock launcher, name: com.uucun.launcherS3.

Offline denics

• Avast team
    • avast!
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2014, 10:14:27 AM »
Ok, thanks for the info. The detection has been disabled. Sorry for the inconvenience! Have a great day.
Denis Konopiský - avast! VirusLab | Android & Windows Malware | VPS Operations | Whitelisting

wite-nite

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2014, 08:33:15 PM »

I have the same problem in my huawei ascend p6 . avast discovered a trojan on Music app it's name is >>        Android:Agent-CCK [Trj]

please help

Nasar

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2014, 08:04:32 AM »
Hi Avast:
The problem came back again after the new update of avast!
i restored the factory settings again just to be sure it wasnt a real virus, and the alert continues Please fix it.
The avast alert:  Agent-CEP-trojan in Launcher application. It cant be posible because i restored the factory settings and my launcher is a stock launcher (com.uucun.launcherS3).

Offline Flippy

• Avast team
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2014, 11:56:27 AM »
Hello we really sorry for any troubles. This detection has been switched off. Please try to update your VPS. Sorry for any inconvenience.

Best regards,

Filip Chytrý
Malware Analyst

Nasar

« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2014, 02:30:02 PM »
Thanks for the quick response!, problem solved.