Author Topic: Guide to Firewall Setup  (Read 1991 times)

veHohan3

Guide to Firewall Setup
« on: March 05, 2014, 07:09:53 PM »
I'm was thinking that it would be useful if someone could give me an idea of the best way to setup the Firewall feature of Avast!.

I mainly use the Firewall feature to prevent programs from phoning home with all my personal details. Occasionally there are programs I do want to be able to use the internet, my browser for example. This is why I prefer the "click to allow" rather than "click to disallow".

I thought I had the Firewall how I would want it setup, but my updates in my Market place don't seem to work. I can browse the Market fine, but when I click to update the app, it just waits  on downloading.

Any advice or links to a guide would be greatly accepted.

Offline Filip Havlicek

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
Re: Guide to Firewall Setup
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2014, 11:35:02 PM »
Hi,

check out if you have enabled the system app groups at the end of the list. I think you need some of those allowed if you want Google Play to work correctly.

Filip

veHohan3

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2014, 10:08:05 AM »
Ahh! I someone seemed to glance over those icons at the bottom, I didn't realise they were a group. Proper 'man look' territory there, as my significant other would say.

Thank you very much :)

(As a side note these Captcha's are really hard to read! I have to change the image at least 3 times so far to read them! Perhaps I'm a spam bot and I didn't even know it...)

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2014, 10:10:02 AM »
(As a side note these Captcha's are really hard to read! I have to change the image at least 3 times so far to read them! Perhaps I'm a spam bot and I didn't even know it...)

Only needed for your first 3 posts on the forum.
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0