Author Topic: How to find my old avast pin  (Read 1773 times)

landur

How to find my old avast pin
« on: March 25, 2014, 04:35:06 PM »
Hi,
Just had my phone for repair, and when I put my SIM-card in the phone again and wanted to power up, the phone asked for a pin. Tried my SIM-card pin but that was not the correct one (and yes, I have the correct SIM-card pin). Seems to be the avast-pin, but I can't remember my avast-pin.
Tried to log on my avast account and change the pin, but since the phone has no network I can't send the changes to the phone.
So now I can't access my phone...

Any ideas on how to fix this?

landur

Re: How to find my old avast pin
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2014, 06:36:31 PM »
Or I should rather say that the avast-pin on my avast account seems to be a 5-digit code. I used a 4-digit code before.... Kinda confused...

hebe

Re: How to find my old avast pin
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2014, 02:36:16 PM »
Hello

I am not sure where to post, sorry if this is the wrong place...

I am trying to change the avast account for my mum's samsung tablet. But it is no longer linked to the avast account and we cannot remember the pin. I didn't set up the anti theft on the tablet and I can uninstall avast, but when we reinstall avast and try to enter the new account details it asks for the pin. My mum lives in another country so I am trying to do this on skype, which isn't easy. The tablet is not rooted. If we reset the device and re-installed from a backup from Kies would this remove the old pin or do I need to do something else?

Many thanks for your help,
Hebe