Author Topic: Win32:Dropper-Gen [drp]  (Read 2235 times)

REDACTED

Win32:Dropper-Gen [drp]
« on: August 31, 2014, 03:45:08 PM »
Hey! I have recently tried to install this pirated version of Assassin's Creed. I did not install it fully and cancelled it 1 minute in, since Avast! warned me of a potential virus. I uninstalled what was installed and continued on with my day, browsing YouTube and Facebook.
Some time later (Did not download anything else!) Avast! kept spamming me with "Threat detected" messages. I opened the Virus Chest, and the name is: "Shopper-Pro" and it is a Win32: Dropper-Gen [drp]. I tracked down the infected files in my appdata folder, then deleted them. I thought I was safe but again, the same threat keeps popping up! I had a full scan, and the scan did not find anything, and also downloaded Malwarebytes. I scanned with malwarebytes, it found some infected files and I cleared them. But the dang threat message keeps popping up!

Anyone have any idea? I am really freaked out because this is my work computer.  :-[

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
Re: Win32:Dropper-Gen [drp]
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2014, 03:58:41 PM »
Hey! I have recently tried to install this pirated version of Assassin's Creed.
so, question is .... did you learn something   ???

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
Re: Win32:Dropper-Gen [drp]
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2014, 04:02:07 PM »
many forum helpers dont assist users of pirated/cracked software ...... but you may try and see if one of the experts here will assist you

follow instructions  https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=53253.0
attach Malwarebytes / Farbar Recovery Scan Tool / aswMBR  logs

when done, removal team will be notified