Author Topic: I just want to ask something about teh attention thingy that comes out  (Read 4874 times)

aerialrave

that comes out everytime i open On Access Protection Control, It says that Upgrade to Avast Pro Edition. Is It Okay if I will not upgrade my avast into that version? And I will just use license keys from avast site if my current license key has expired? Thanks.

Offline Tarq57

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • If at first you don’t succeed; call it version 1.0
This seems to be a recent change to the panel. If you want to keep using the free version it is definitely OK to ignore it.
For questions about registration or renewal of registration, look here.
Windows 10,Windows Firewall,Firefox w/Adblock.

Offline Vladimyr

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
  • Super(massive black hole) Poster
It's new. Clicking the message takes you here which pretty much explains everything.
There is a way that seems right to a man,
       but in the end it leads to death
.” - Proverbs 16:25

aerialrave

This seems to be a recent change to the panel. If you want to keep using the free version it is definitely OK to ignore it.

So sir, I don't have to worry just because of that? right? Coz I'm protected against threats? :D

Thank you so much sir,

@Vladymir

Thanks for the info sir.

cinchez

So sir, I don't have to worry just because of that? right? Coz I'm protected against threats? :D

Thank you so much sir,

@Vladymir

Thanks for the info sir.

Oh yeah ur protected but the protection is limited^^as the ad says^^

-AnimeLover

aerialrave

Uhm, Sorry I didn't get what you said, Limited? Because of license key? Am I right? :C

Offline Tarq57

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
The protection, apart from script blocking capability, PUSH updates, and a few other handy features, is the same.
If your registration is out of date, and you haven't been able to get database updates as a result, your protection is increasingly limited.
If your registration has expired, get a new one. Now.
If you are worried about the differences between Home and Pro versions, look at the comparison chart.

cinchez, if you are going to promote fear, please offer some basis for it.

aerialrave

The protection, apart from script blocking capability, PUSH updates, and a few other handy features, is the same.
If your registration is out of date, and you haven't been able to get database updates as a result, your protection is increasingly limited.
If your registration has expired, get a new one. Now.
If you are worried about the differences between Home and Pro versions, look at the comparison chart.

cinchez, if you are going to promote fear, please offer some basis for it.

Sir, I just get a new license key from avast, And my Avast Home Edition is up to date.
Is it ok now Sir?

Offline Tarq57

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
If you have a valid license, your database is up to date (current version at this time is 090530-0) and you are happy with the features available to you in the Home version, you're OK.
No need to call me sir.  ;D

aerialrave

Yay, I don't have to worry now. Thanks Again! :D

I call you Sir as a sign of respect. :D

Thank you very much!