Author Topic: Firefox/Camino VS Seamonkey  (Read 5451 times)

Offline .: Mac :.

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Ultra Poster
Firefox/Camino VS Seamonkey
« on: September 16, 2006, 04:31:56 AM »
I use Firefox on my PC and Camino on my Macs. However I see that they now have Seamonkey out. It is supposed to be a updated version of the old Mozilla suite (which I loved) has anyone tried it?
"People who are really serious about software should make their own hardware." - Alan Kay

neal62

Re: Firefox/Camino VS Seamonkey
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2006, 06:06:37 AM »
Mac, I use Seamonkey, version 1.0.5. on my pc. Use it along with Firefox and Flock.  Haven't had any issues with Seamonkey since I have been using it. Nice browser IMO.  :)
« Last Edit: September 17, 2006, 06:38:11 AM by neal63 »

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2006, 03:56:57 PM »
Seamonky is not just an updated version of the Old Mozilla Suite it is the continuation of the now deceased Mozila Suite. The Seamonky project were I believe given the code and allowed to continue development when Mozilla decided they were going to concentrate on the two stand alone products, Firefox and Thunderbird and ceased development on the Suite.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Ultra Poster
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2006, 06:50:55 PM »
Thanks Guys. Ill give it a try
"People who are really serious about software should make their own hardware." - Alan Kay

neal62

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2006, 06:52:52 PM »
Your welcome. I think you will like it.  :)

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Ultra Poster
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2006, 01:18:22 AM »
Pros:
1)It has the integrated Mail Application which is nice cause i can delete thunderbird and Camino now and use just one application for everything.

2) it is a Universal Binary which will come in handy as I hope to get an Intel Based Machine soon.

3) Extremely Fast! I Compiled it from Source which enabled it to take advatage of the Altivec engine in the G4 unlike the precompiled installers. ( Altivec is like intel's SSE3 )

Cons:
1)The Flip4Mac Plugin does not work, However the old Windows Media Player does so this is not a problem until I get an intel Mac