Author Topic: do you know what the purpose of this message ?  (Read 3898 times)

favha

do you know what the purpose of this message ?
« on: April 05, 2012, 10:50:11 AM »
Dear all

do you know what the purpose of this message ?

avast! [PC]: File "C: \ WINDOWS \ System32 \ kaojdrw.ns" is infected by "Win32: Confi [WRM]" virus.
"File System Shield" task used
Version of current VPS file is 120404-1, 04/05/2012

please help me  :(

best regards

favha

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: do you know what the purpose of this message ?
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2012, 11:50:40 AM »
Well considering it is in the system32 folder I get zero hits on a google/yahoo search, that in itself is suspect. I would expect there to be at least a few hits for items in the system32 folder.

The file system shield is the on-access (resident) scanner and this will scan any file when it is accessed before it is allowed to run, something (another file or registry key) on your system is trying to tun this and avast is stopping it.

When did this happen, e.g. close to boot-time or when you did something ?
What action did you choose on the detection 'Move to chest' is the default ?
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

favha

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2012, 12:07:58 PM »
My previous setting, if there is a virus avast will contact me via email.

This happens when I have opened a file sharing and internet browsing

I chose to delete, because I fear there will be a ruin my system32, and it has been repeatedly

what will i do ?
and what the virus have attacked my system or avast just give me warning that the virus will attack my system ?

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
« Last Edit: April 05, 2012, 12:31:23 PM by Pondus »

favha

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2012, 12:15:36 PM »
thanks pondus  :)
from my question virus warning from avast,
what the virus have attacked my system or avast just give me warning that the virus will attack my system ?

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2012, 12:24:17 PM »
conficker is a worm and spread over your network

Summary
Win32/Conficker is a worm that infects other computers across a network by exploiting a vulnerability in the Windows Server service (SVCHOST.EXE). If the vulnerability is successfully exploited, it could allow remote code execution when file sharing is enabled. Depending on the specific variant, it may also spread via removable drives and by exploiting weak passwords. It disables several important system services and security products and downloads arbitrary files.

Microsoft strongly recommends that users apply the update referred to in  Security Bulletin MS08-067  immediately.

Microsoft also recommends that users ensure that their network passwords are strong to prevent this worm from spreading via weak administrator passwords. More information is available here.

Microsoft also recommends that users apply an update that changes the AutoPlay functionality in Windows to prevent this worm from spreading via USB drives. More information is available in the Microsoft Knowledgebase Article KB971029 .

so i guess only Essexboy can give you an answer...he may see how far it has gone when he cleans it.....if you want him to ?
if lucky, avast have stopped it..
« Last Edit: April 05, 2012, 12:28:40 PM by Pondus »