Author Topic: avast android found a trojan  (Read 1943 times)

RJ12345

avast android found a trojan
« on: April 14, 2014, 08:37:13 PM »
hi,I have avast on my android,I was transfering files to my pc and back and noticed in the folder of android in the downloads section there was some weird file which I dont remenber the name but was like apk.part extension whatever

after disconecting the mobile I made a virus scan and  it showed it as a trojan,clicked on "resolve"( my version is in spanish so I dont know if thats the correct translation,it sayd "resolver esto") and I think it deleted it

however I want to know if there was some risks,I think it may have been due to a link I clicked that was send by a friend,sent to a suspicious page offering me to instal some app,but I havent installed anything and havent noticed anything strange on the phone

is there some way to see a log and see the file name or type in case is needed? I dont seem to find that
« Last Edit: April 15, 2014, 02:23:46 AM by RJ12345 »

Offline Filip Havlicek

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
Re: avast android found a trojan
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2014, 09:23:08 AM »
Hi,

you should find additional information in the Activity Log. It's located in the overflow menu (three dots) at the top of the dashboard screen.

Filip

RJ12345

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2014, 01:35:58 PM »
I found the activity log,switched language to english,saw it before and it dont see to show in much detail about the malicious file found,just that it found a problem

I want to know if my smartphone was at some risk,do I need to change passwords or something like that?

Offline Filip Havlicek

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2014, 10:15:43 PM »
Hi,

no, you are fine :)

Filip