Author Topic: behavior shield vs. auto sandbox  (Read 2305 times)

Offline ky331

behavior shield vs. auto sandbox
« on: March 07, 2011, 01:38:08 PM »
Forgive me if this has been answered already, as this is a large forum to search through...

Since the behavior shield is supposed to kick-in for "suspicious" behavior, it would seem to me that would be sufficient reason to have the auto-sandbox kick-in as well.

So what I'm asking is to try to understand the difference between what the behavior shield looks for and when the auto-sandbox kicks in???
Lenovo T530 laptop, Intel Core i5-3320M @ 2.60 GHz, 8GB RAM, Windows 7 Pro SP1 (64-bit), avast! 17 Free, MBAM3 Pro, Windows Firewall, MVPS HOSTS file, OpenDNS Family Shield, Zemana AntiLogger Free, SpywareBlaster, IE11 & Firefox [both using WOT (IE set to WARN, FF set to BLOCK)], WinPatrol PLUS, uBlock Origin, MBAE, MCShield, CryptoPrevent, SAS (on-demand scanner). 
[I believe computer-users who sandbox (Sandboxie) are acting prudently.]

Sparxx

Re: behavior shield vs. auto sandbox
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2011, 02:04:51 PM »
Autosandbox kicks in for a suspicious file before the actual execution of the file, the behavior shield is watching the behaviour of the file, or process and kicks in when detects a suspicious action.

Offline ky331

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2011, 02:34:49 PM »
Thanks.  That was simple enough :-)
Lenovo T530 laptop, Intel Core i5-3320M @ 2.60 GHz, 8GB RAM, Windows 7 Pro SP1 (64-bit), avast! 17 Free, MBAM3 Pro, Windows Firewall, MVPS HOSTS file, OpenDNS Family Shield, Zemana AntiLogger Free, SpywareBlaster, IE11 & Firefox [both using WOT (IE set to WARN, FF set to BLOCK)], WinPatrol PLUS, uBlock Origin, MBAE, MCShield, CryptoPrevent, SAS (on-demand scanner). 
[I believe computer-users who sandbox (Sandboxie) are acting prudently.]

Sparxx

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2011, 02:44:21 PM »
You're welcome. :)