Author Topic: last update is blocking my wireless connection  (Read 12621 times)

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: last update is blocking my wireless connection
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2011, 04:23:56 PM »
maybe we've already fixed this problem - I'd like to ask you if you can apply this patch:
- download & extract: http://public.avast.com/~kurtin/public/snx_02/patch.zip
- reboot your computer, go to Safe Mode
- copy snxhk.dll + snxhk.dll.sum into C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\avast5 (replace existing)
- reboot

let us know if it helps, thanks.

I paid money for this.
I'm not going through all that-put it in an update please!

Well that is your choice, all pk is trying to do is get this to you to try and be able to reinstall the behaviour shield, rather than have to await the next program update. Or you can continue with the workaround of having uninstalled the behaviour shield.

You have probably noticed that there is a beta testing process on-going for version 6.0.x right now and as far as I'm aware avast 5.1.889 will be the last 5.1.x program build before the release of avast 6.0.x. This is why I think that pk is trying to get you this now rather than wait.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security