Author Topic: Malicious Url Blocked  (Read 26486 times)

donjuangirl

Malicious Url Blocked
« on: August 15, 2011, 02:13:43 AM »
Okay am having problems I need help as of yesterday after my Avast system updated I started to get these popups every 5 mintes or so saying malicious url blocked object 2woody77.com.tw
infection:url mal process: C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe or object:68.169.92.53. Why am I getting these messages if avast malwarebytes Ccleaner didnt dectect anything am losing my mind here can somebody help me cause I dont know what to do
« Last Edit: August 15, 2011, 02:27:30 AM by donjuangirl »

donjuangirl

Re: Malicious Url Blocked
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2011, 02:35:30 AM »
I NEED HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PLEASE WHERE ARE ALL THE EXPERTS AT. WONDERING IF I DELETE AVAST PROGRAM WILL MY ISSUES GO AWAY

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2011, 03:02:19 AM »
I suggest:

1. Clean your temporary files.
2. Schedule a boot time scanning with avast with archive scanning turned on. If avast does not detect it, you can try DrWeb CureIT! instead.
3. Use Comodo Cleaning Essentials (CCE), or MBAM, or SUPERantispyware to scan for spywares and trojans. If any infection is detected, it is better and safer to send the infected file(s) to quarantine (Chest), rather than simply deleting them.
4. Test your machine with anti-rootkit applications. I suggest avast! antirootkit or Trend Micro RootkitBuster.
5. Read this instructions and provide more info with the logs generated.
6. Clean your Hosts file (replacing it) with HostsMan tool.
7. Disable System Restore and then reenable it again.
8. Immunize your system with SpywareBlaster.
9. Check if you have insecure applications with Secunia Software Inspector.

If the infection avoids booting the computer, take a look here http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=79107.0
The best things in life are free.

wali

« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2011, 03:09:58 AM »
I'm getting the same issue just after an update. I updated and ran Avast full scan found nothing, updated and ran malwarebytes full scan found nothing, ran a Kaspersky TDSSKiller nothing.

I'm confused ???? should i be worried or is this just a glitch?

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2011, 03:20:15 AM »
Please create your own new topic (so as not to hijack this one), here http://forum.avast.com/index.php?board=4.0 in the viruses and worms forum and click the New topic button at the top of the page and we will try and help you there.

This does sound like a rootkit and possibly an MBR rootkit if TDSSKiller didn't find anything, but it is possible it could be other browser related hijacking, which will require other tools to find it.

Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

donjuangirl

« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2011, 04:57:36 AM »
why is this happening I thought by having avast I wouldnt have any major issues is there something wrong with avast.Am not Computer savy so I dont know how am going to solve this problem am so ready to just buy another laptop >:( :'(

Gargamel360

« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2011, 05:19:07 AM »
why is this happening
See this through and you will find out.
I thought by having avast I wouldnt have any major issues
Then you were mistaken, no offense intended.  All the AV companies play catch-up.  Almost everything they do is a reaction to what the people who write malware do.  Much like how the police can try to clean up the streets, but they have to wait till a crime is committed to take action.  That not to say they cant stop most bad stuff that is out there, you still need a AV on any Windows pc, but sooner or later they are going to miss something for an unfortunate minority of users.

The first rule of possible infection is do not panic, and no offense, but you seem a little panic stricken.  So 1st, relax.  Then read Tech's instructions, the 5th one in particular.  Avast! is still protecting you, the Network Shield alerts are most likely caused by an existing infection trying to download more infections or send out your personal data, and Avast! is stopping that.  You definitely do not need to go buy a new laptop, no matter what is wrong.  With a little of your patience and time, we have people here who will get you cleaned up and running again soon.  ;)

donjuangirl

« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2011, 05:07:46 PM »
Am annoyed thats the problem more then panicked I just dont feel like dealing with this s**t am not too computer savy on top of that so it just makes me more mad. I deleted avast from my computer thats how pissed I am  >:(. Thanks Gargamel 360 imma try to solve this issue today.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2011, 05:11:32 PM by donjuangirl »

donjuangirl

« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2011, 09:20:47 PM »
Tech Brazil I do I clean the host with hostman am not to sure what to do ?
« Last Edit: August 15, 2011, 09:24:41 PM by donjuangirl »

donjuangirl

« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2011, 09:23:32 PM »
I suggest:

1. Clean your temporary files.
2. Schedule a boot time scanning with avast with archive scanning turned on. If avast does not detect it, you can try DrWeb CureIT! instead.
3. Use Comodo Cleaning Essentials (CCE), or MBAM, or SUPERantispyware to scan for spywares and trojans. If any infection is detected, it is better and safer to send the infected file(s) to quarantine (Chest), rather than simply deleting them.
4. Test your machine with anti-rootkit applications. I suggest avast! antirootkit or Trend Micro RootkitBuster.
5. Read this instructions and provide more info with the logs generated.
6. Clean your Hosts file (replacing it) with HostsMan tool.
7. Disable System Restore and then reenable it again.
8. Immunize your system with SpywareBlaster.
9. Check if you have insecure applications with Secunia Software Inspector.

If the infection avoids booting the computer, take a lok here http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=79107.0

Tech brazil am not sure what to do with the hostman tools to clean it what do I have to go into to clean it

THIS IS THE RESULTS OF MY OTL SCAN

« Last Edit: August 15, 2011, 09:34:29 PM by donjuangirl »

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2011, 09:25:41 PM »
EDIT: i see the log are just posted   ;D

« Last Edit: August 15, 2011, 09:28:52 PM by Pondus »

donjuangirl

« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2011, 09:41:39 PM »
HELLO CAN SOMEONE HELP ME PLEASE I FOLLOWED ALL STEPS I NEED TO KNOW HOW TO USE THE HOSTMAN TOOLS TO CLEANUP MY HOST FILE

donjuangirl

« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2011, 09:47:57 PM »
BY THE WAY AM STILL GETTIN GTHE AVAST POPUPS MALICIOUS URL BLOCKED EVEN AFTER I DISABLED THE REAL TIME SHIELDS.

Offline essexboy

• Malware removal instructor
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2011, 10:30:53 PM »
Hi there let me know if the alerts still occur after this run.  Your Host file is OK but I will replace it anyway  

Run OTL
  • Under the Custom Scans/Fixes box at the bottom, paste in the following
    :OTL
    O2 - BHO: (Search Toolbar) - {9D425283-D487-4337-BAB6-AB8354A81457} - C:\Program Files\Search Toolbar\SearchToolbar.dll ()
    O3 - HKLM\..\Toolbar: (Search Toolbar) - {9D425283-D487-4337-BAB6-AB8354A81457} - C:\Program Files\Search Toolbar\SearchToolbar.dll ()
    O3 - HKU\S-1-5-21-1844237615-776561741-682003330-1004\..\Toolbar\WebBrowser: (Search Toolbar) - {9D425283-D487-4337-BAB6-AB8354A81457} - C:\Program Files\Search Toolbar\SearchToolbar.dll ()

:Files
    ipconfig /flushdns /c
    C:\Program Files\Search Toolbar

:Commands
    [purity]
    [resethosts]
    [emptytemp]
    [EMPTYFLASH]
    [CREATERESTOREPOINT]
    [Reboot]
  • Then click the Run Fix button at the top
  • Let the program run unhindered, reboot the PC when it is done
  • Open OTL again and click the Quick Scan button. Post the log it produces in your next reply.

donjuangirl

« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2011, 11:01:24 PM »
Thanks for replying essexboy this is the report as attached as am writing you now am still getting the popups C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\SVCHOST.EXE WITH A BUCH OF DIFFERNT OBJECTS NUMBERS OR LETTERS POPPING UP 2WOODY77.COM.TW OR NUMBERS.
THE 1.2 TEXT IS THE ALL PROCESS KILLED ONE .
« Last Edit: August 15, 2011, 11:06:44 PM by donjuangirl »