Author Topic: Email receiving problem after loading Avast  (Read 3145 times)

Sousixer

Email receiving problem after loading Avast
« on: December 12, 2011, 11:11:56 PM »
I recently uninstalled Norton and replaced it with Avast Pro.  Receipt of emails has been spotty since installation of Avast.  Some emails are being received through my Outlook 2007 program but others are not.  Can't find them in the junk file or anywhere else.  Has anyone run across this problem after installing Avast?  Thanks.

iyogisolutions1

Re: Email receiving problem after loading Avast
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2011, 11:53:49 PM »
Hi,

Are you able to send e-mails? and are you getting any kinds of error messages when you try send and receive emails? Please update us back.

Sousixer

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2011, 12:14:07 AM »
Thank you for responding.  I don't seem to be having any difficulty with sending emails.  And I am not getting any error messages with regard to receiving emails.  Several clients indicated earlier today that they sent me emails last week, but they are nowhere to be seen in Outlook 2007...nothing in my inbox, nothing in the junk folder.  Also, within my office, several messages from my staff have never arrived in my mailbox.  Yet, I am receiving some emails from various sources.  Some seem to make it through and others don't.

iyogisolutions1

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2011, 12:49:26 AM »
Hi,

Are you getting the emails in your webmail?.

Sousixer

« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2011, 02:01:21 AM »
I am unsure as to what you are asking when you say "webmail."  Sorry, I am not that computer saavy.  How do I check the webmail?  Thanks.

iyogisolutions1

« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2011, 03:21:35 AM »
Hi,

What we meant is, are you able to check emails from Internet Explorer apart from Outlook?

iyogisolutions1

« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2011, 03:43:24 AM »
Hi,
   Try to repair avast!.

You can do it by going into

Control Panel -> Programs and Features (Add or Remove Programs)-> avast! software -> Repair.

Reboot the machine and try. Post back with results.

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2011, 05:14:33 AM »
I recently uninstalled Norton and replaced it with Avast Pro.  Receipt of emails has been spotty since installation of Avast.  Some emails are being received through my Outlook 2007 program but others are not.  Can't find them in the junk file or anywhere else.  Has anyone run across this problem after installing Avast?  Thanks.
You will have to go into the account settings for outlook and set the incoming and outgoing security to none so that avast will be able to scan your mail, to check if your recieving your mail via your web client you need to go to whoever is your email provider ( hotmail, Gmail ).
You should also run the norton removal tool to get rid of any remnants http://singularlabs.com/uninstallers/security-software/  26a in the list for all norton products unless you were running the corperate edition which is 26b, reboot after running.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2011, 05:24:19 AM by craigb »