Author Topic: Comodo Firewall & Def with Avast AV  (Read 8205 times)

Seany007

Re: Comodo Firewall & Def with Avast AV
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2012, 10:07:50 PM »
If you want to deactivate or disable Avast! Behavior Shield, go ahead. It is your choice.

Why? Not only here I asked such Q... I asked it in Comodo forums as well... They gave me a link saying if you are going to use Comodo Def it's best to get rid of other programs which use behavior shields as Comodo Def has it and might conflict...

Now. If you go by Mouse1 post in Comodo forum, he is naming the programs with known problems when used with D+. Avast Behavior Shield is not mentioned there because there has not been a reported conflict between them, and yes, there could be a potencial conflict; However, I have no read anything on Comodo forums about D+ and Avast! B/S, or I have seen in my rig two alerts at the same time or in thier logs. The alerts come fron different processes behavior.

http://forums.comodo.com/install-setup-configuration-faq-cis/making-other-security-programs-work-with-cis-v5-t65578.0.html;msg461523#msg461523

A post that you might have missed in Comodo forum on how to set CIS 5.9 ( FW/D+) and Avast! 6 can be found here:

https://forums.comodo.com/install-setup-configuration-help-cis/comodo-firewall-and-avast-free-t78855.0.html;msg565788#msg565788

I have set both my programs to those settings.

I have ran CFW/D+ and Avast! together for almost 5 years now, and in the last year or so the alerts given by Avast Behavior Shield are totally diferent as the Alerts D+ had given me, and I have Avast! set to " Ask " and D+ in " Paranoid Mode ". The only problem for me was when I updated Avast! 4.8 to Avast! 5 and Comodo 3.14 or 4 was constantly alerting me of all the .dll files Avast setup was changing during the updates, and that was 2 years and one month ago to be exact. I implemented some changes and then Avast! and Comodo worked things out, and no more problems since then.

Regards

In that case you would know better :) Thank you very much for your help :) I will activate behavior shield again :)

Offline SpeedyPC

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • Avast shall conquer the whole world
« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2012, 12:14:34 AM »
It a very bad idea to disable behavior shield in Avast because this is a very powerful tool to have, otherwise a virus can easily sneak into you're PC without you're permission. 
Gigabyte 670 LGA1200 Full ATX MB | Intel Core i9-13900 CPU/LGA 1700 | GeForce Nvidia RTX-4070/12GB | 32GB DDR4 | 2 x 1TB Samsung SSD | W11 Home 64bit | Avast Premium v24.3.6108 | Avast SecureLine VPN | Avast Secure Browser | Avast Driver Updater | Avast BreachGuard | Firefox 64bit | MalwareBytes Premium | Adguard Premium | CCleaner Portable | Macrium Reflect | 7-Zip

Seany007

« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2012, 02:08:46 AM »
It a very bad idea to disable behavior shield in Avast because this is a very powerful tool to have, otherwise a virus can easily sneak into you're PC without you're permission.

Thank you :D