Author Topic: Does Avast! SecureLine affect the internet browsing speed, latency and/or ping?  (Read 8751 times)

Offline DraKuL

Hi, just wanted to know if this would affect the internet browsing speed or latency/pings for online games..
ASUS ROG Mobo - AMD Ryzen 7 3700X| RAM 32.00GB | 4TB HDD +1TB SSD | ATI Radeon RX 5700 XT 8GB
Windows 10 Pro 64bit |Avast One Individual | MBAM PRO - RealTime | SUPERAntiSpyware PRO |CC Cleaner | Chrome | Firefox |(The Latest Release of all the Software)

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
you find out if you try   ;)

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
It's impossible to get protection or features without using resources.
The important thing is to get a good balance between protection and performance :)
The best things in life are free.

Offline DraKuL

It's impossible to get protection or features without using resources.
The important thing is to get a good balance between protection and performance :)

True and I agree completely but want to know how much its affecting performance. hope there is a trial or something in the new version so that we can test it out before buying it.

Also, for my personal knowledge purposes, what are the advantages of using a VPN on a home internet connection? (e.g. if you're using a desktop PC).
ASUS ROG Mobo - AMD Ryzen 7 3700X| RAM 32.00GB | 4TB HDD +1TB SSD | ATI Radeon RX 5700 XT 8GB
Windows 10 Pro 64bit |Avast One Individual | MBAM PRO - RealTime | SUPERAntiSpyware PRO |CC Cleaner | Chrome | Firefox |(The Latest Release of all the Software)

slybo

Just installed 8.0.1488. All I see for Secureline is a place to activate and a place to insert a license. I guess there is no Trial? Also would like to know if this is something you buy separate or can you use your Avast Pro license for the license file to activate Secureline? Would also like to know like you have asked if it is of any value on a desktop? Thanks sly

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
can you use your Avast Pro license for the license file to activate Secureline?
No, it's a separate product.
You got security and mostly anonymity. It's most for public/open (and free) connections.
The best things in life are free.

Vertogidins

hello !  please, how to buy a license ???   it does not show up...

GHaddad

when u go into the secure line page in your avast it will have say not activated on top off the insert license file click on the activate button and it will let you have a 24 hour trial
hope this helps

Fluidetom

I have these strange results.

When I activate Secure Line my upload speed increases ?!
How's that possible ?

Without Avast

Avec Avast