Consumer Products > Avast Mobile Security for Android

Avast Anti-Virus for Windows Phone???

<< < (2/5) > >>

svehlak:
Yes, there are many windows mobile users (according better sources than Facebook) and we are aware of it; everybody is waiting for windows 8 - afrer commercial release we will see how Microsoft deployed it. In case that the differencies will be minimal, you can be sure that avast! will be ready for Windows 8. if you need precise answer, please ask Vlk for more.

Tilan123:
Thanks for the info Jan

Lisandro:

--- Quote from: Jan Svehlak on May 04, 2012, 12:17:57 AM ---In case that the differencies will be minimal, you can be sure that avast! will be ready for Windows 8.
--- End quote ---
Ready for Mobile or PC?
If Mobile, why don't we see a previous version for Windows Mobile?

Jean Philippe:
The request for Avast for Windows Phone was totally logical, but the answers from you guys was not at all. First it was not an interesting platform... :( then you guys are waiting for windows phone 8 although millions of windows phone 7.5 wich will become 7.8 soon are going to be leftover... I have a windows phone 7 that became a 7.5 and will soon be a 7.8 and I am using windows 7 at home with a paid version of Avast Internet security. This is time for you guys to publish a free version for us, users of windows phone 7 !!! You give it to Android and others and you leave us behind. Did you know that the code for 7.5 and 8 is not that much different? Did you ever check with Microsoft about that, they have done some great work and we are waiting for you now!!!

PLEASE think again and rectify this big offense to all WIndows Phone 7 users

I am not planning on changing my phone because they have Windows Phone 8 out this month... I have to keep it until my provider offer me an upgrade! I want to be more protected now, not in a year!!!

.: L' arc :.:
Perhaps, good enough reasons to not opt for a Windows Phone version of avast (yet).

--- Quote ---"New applications compiled specifically for Windows Phone 8 will not be made available for Windows Phone 7.x devices."
--- End quote ---

--- Quote ---"... devices currently running on Windows Phone 7.5 will not be on the receiving end of the long-awaited Apollo update ( aka Windows Phone 8 )."
--- End quote ---

Source: http://www.engadget.com/2012/06/20/microsoft-unveils-windows-phone-7-8-for-legacy-devices/

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version