Author Topic: Compatible with Norton Antivirus?  (Read 3739 times)

lynnlynn

Compatible with Norton Antivirus?
« on: August 18, 2006, 05:26:50 PM »
It seems that some antivirus programs are incompatible with each other.  I have not yet downloaded Avast, because I do not have the information that it can operate compatibly with Norton Antivirus, which is now running on my machine.  I have had the experience that McAfee and Norton are incompatible.

What about  Avast and Norton?

Offline XMAS

• Avast translator
  • Super Poster
  • Santa is watching you ;)
    • avast! in Bulgarian
Re: Compatible with Norton Antivirus?
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2006, 05:40:07 PM »
Well, running two or more antivirus programs at the same time is very dangerous ( a lot of problems may appear, even system crash ).
If you search the forum you'll find a lot of info about that, so the answer is NO, they are not compatible ;)
You've Got To Get Close To The Flame To See What It's Made Of...

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Compatible with Norton Antivirus?
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2006, 05:52:51 PM »
Norton I would say is one of the least compatible of any resident AV, it get so embedded into the system that even after an uninstall some registry entries, etc. remain and can cause issues even after it is uninstalled. There are many threads in these forums to testify to this.

As XMAS states two resident AVs on the same system not matter which isn't advised.

If you are going to uninstall NAV and install avast! let us know in advance and we can give you some pointers.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security