Author Topic: Uninstalling Immunet Protect, conflicts in Windows Security Center  (Read 4532 times)

Stran05

I had recently tried Immunet Protect 1.26. Earlier I had tried Immunet Perotect(Beta Versions)m but had no problems in uninstalling them, but this time when I tried to uninstall them, they tended to leave behind some traces of it behind. So, the status for Virus Protection in the Windows XP Security Center shows that "You are using more than one antivirus product among which one is up to date and is running with Virus Protection is on" It is referring to Avast as the active Virus Protection but why is it saying that I am using more than one antivirus product? This means that traces of Immunet Protect is left behind. Will this effect the performance of Avast? How can I fully uninstall Immunet Protect?

I am also using Windows Firewall now(Changed from PC Tools Firewall Plus). Is the Windows firewall safe enough to protect me? I think the with the Network Shield of Avast On, I already have a virtual firewall protection from Avast.

anjandavid

Re: Uninstalling Immunet Protect, conflicts in Windows Security Center
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2010, 09:22:33 AM »
I had recently tried Immunet Protect 1.26. Earlier I had tried Immunet Perotect(Beta Versions)m but had no problems in uninstalling them, but this time when I tried to uninstall them, they tended to leave behind some traces of it behind. So, the status for Virus Protection in the Windows XP Security Center shows that "You are using more than one antivirus product among which one is up to date and is running with Virus Protection is on" It is referring to Avast as the active Virus Protection but why is it saying that I am using more than one antivirus product? This means that traces of Immunet Protect is left behind. Will this effect the performance of Avast? How can I fully uninstall Immunet Protect?

I am also using Windows Firewall now(Changed from PC Tools Firewall Plus). Is the Windows firewall safe enough to protect me? I think the with the Network Shield of Avast On, I already have a virtual firewall protection from Avast.

hi,Stran,

if u plz follow the link bellow,some help u can get, i think.

http://community.immunet.com/immunet/topics/uninstaller_tool_for_immunet

thanks

Stran05

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2010, 09:59:56 AM »
No, I had already tried CCleaner as well as tried to uninstall in Safe Mode. But still the issue is the same.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2010, 12:18:44 PM »
Sometimes, Windows Security Center stops recognizing your antivirus or firewall...
So, check your system time and date and also http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=23457.msg193534#msg193534

See also: http://windowsxp.mvps.org/repairwmi.htm
The best things in life are free.