Author Topic: After latest update avast comes permanently up with info screen  (Read 8124 times)

Aquilo

Hi,

after updating to 7.0.1456, after booting i have to check each time a window, which tells me to check "Fertigstellen" but there is only "Beenden". Next boot time the same window comes again! Please solve this!

Martin

Offline mikaelrask

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
Re: After latest update avast comes permanently up with info screen
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2012, 08:02:17 AM »
welcome to the forum. what extra windows does avast show to you? the program update? or that you can also get avast for your android phone?
Windows 8.1 amd a10-5700 64 bit
12 GB ram 1 tb hard drive. Avast 18, MBAM

Aquilo

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2012, 08:21:56 AM »
No,

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2012, 09:27:06 AM »
Please check your avast5.ini file and see if this option will help you

1. Avast main GUI -> settings -> troubleshooting -> disable the self defense module and save settings (don't worry about the messages, accept).

2. search for the file "avast5.ini" (even if it is version 7 of avast); EDIT the file with notepad. On Windows XP, the file is located in C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\AVAST Software\Avast
On Windows Vista and 7, I am not sure but it should usually be in C:\ProgramData\AVAST Software\Avast

3. in "avast5.ini", look for the "[common]" section. There should be an entry named "ShowSetupOutro".

4. change the above entry "ShowSetupOutro" from 1 to 0 (zero).

5. save the file and reboot.

6. go back to avast main GUI -> settings -> troubleshooting -> enable the self defense module and save.

Aquilo

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2012, 09:30:42 AM »
Hi,

the value was already "0".

Martin

Offline pk

• Avast team
  • Super Poster
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2012, 09:36:24 AM »
Please add "IgnoreSetupOutro=1" below "ShowSetupOutro" value in avast5.ini, this is a temporary solution until we release new program version. Thanks.

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2012, 09:39:22 AM »
Please add "IgnoreSetupOutro=1" below "ShowSetupOutro" value in avast5.ini, this is a temporary solution until we release new program version. Thanks.
Thanks for that pk :)

lilguy43uk

« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2012, 10:04:37 AM »
I've run a search for avast5.ini and it doesn't seem to exist in my copy of v7 and the popup screen is not a real problem but is getting a bit annoying.

Offline pk

• Avast team
  • Super Poster
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2012, 10:11:20 AM »
It's located in Program Data\AVAST Software\avast folder (or in Documents in Settings if you use XP)

kkee

« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2012, 06:36:59 PM »
In my case the line said "ShowSetupOutro=2" 0_o
Although mine does have the 2 checkboxes for chrome and the "finish"-button. I'll try the suggestions offered here to see if that will make it stop popping up every restart.

Oh, my avast5.ini was located in C:\ProgramData\Alwil Software\Avast5 for me(win7)

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2012, 07:10:24 PM »
In my case the line said "ShowSetupOutro=2" 0_o
Although mine does have the 2 checkboxes for chrome and the "finish"-button. I'll try the suggestions offered here to see if that will make it stop popping up every restart.

Oh, my avast5.ini was located in C:\ProgramData\Alwil Software\Avast5 for me(win7)

You will also have to add the "IgnoreSetupOutro=1" line below "ShowSetupOutro" value in avast5.ini, as pk mentioned.

The reason your path shows C:\ProgramData\Alwil Software\Avast5, is that you have only used update on the way through, if at any point you did a clean install of avast the path would reflect the changed company name AVAST Software and the \avast folder name.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security