Author Topic: registration email too old  (Read 2397 times)

razzzr

registration email too old
« on: March 08, 2011, 06:25:25 AM »
I purchased a one year 3 computer license for Avast Internet Security.  I followed the instructions and successfully installed Avast 6 on my desk top however can't figure out how to get it on my new laptop.  The registration email has the attachment for the license file however it is out of date by a few days and won't work.  I've installed the 60 day free version of Avast while I find out how to get one of my remaining 2 licenses activated.  I can't figure out what route to take for help.  Any hints would be greatly appreciated.

SafeSurf

Re: registration email too old
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2011, 07:20:52 AM »
Please contact Avast http://www.avast.com/contact-form.php?loadStyles and use the drop down menu for Sales Inquires > explain (email) your problem.  Thank you.

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2011, 08:01:34 AM »
The registration email has the attachment for the license file however it is out of date by a few days and won't work.
Is that only on your laptop?
It is important that your computer time / day / month / year is correct, if not adjust and reboot

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2011, 04:44:43 PM »
I purchased a one year 3 computer license for Avast Internet Security.  I followed the instructions and successfully installed Avast 6 on my desk top however can't figure out how to get it on my new laptop.

If you have been able to register the first system, you must have downloaded and saved the license.avastlic file somewhere on your first system in order to be able to register that.

Copy that file to your other system and repeat the same actions that you did on the first.

The registration email has the attachment for the license file however it is out of date by a few days and won't work.  I've installed the 60 day free version of Avast while I find out how to get one of my remaining 2 licenses activated.  I can't figure out what route to take for help.  Any hints would be greatly appreciated.

If the above doesn't work, you can ask for the license to be resent:
Resend avast License http://www.avast.com/resend-license.v2.php, you will need to enter the email that you used when purchasing the license, e.g. the one that the original email with the license link was sent.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security