Author Topic: Latest VB Reactive Test Results  (Read 2857 times)

DonZ63

Latest VB Reactive Test Results
« on: January 20, 2012, 11:05:30 PM »
Note that Avira Free and AVG right up there with the heavy hitters.

Offline essexboy

• Malware removal instructor
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
Re: Latest VB Reactive Test Results
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2012, 11:09:31 PM »
Note that my percentage of AVG, Avira, Norton  infected systems is still greater that the Avast ones by a good percentage.  Down I feel to webshield   ;D

DonZ63

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2012, 11:28:34 PM »
I wondered if you were keeping stats on infected systems. Keep up the good work!

What about firewalls? Keeping stats on those?

DonZ63

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2012, 11:36:40 PM »
The real eye opener in this test is Comodo's IS performance. That is the whole she-bang; firewall, Defense+, and AV. Parallels my testing with it - one big POC.

Offline essexboy

• Malware removal instructor
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2012, 11:38:19 PM »
To be honest firewalls do not really come into the equation

The probability of someone hacking into your system is a tad remote.  The larger problem is stuff going out, again this is where webshield excells.  And the bit I like about that over HIPS is there is no do you want this ? It just kills it dead 

If I noticed that Avast was become more prone to attack than the others trust me I would scream  ;D

DonZ63

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2012, 01:24:19 AM »
Well, I just got done shaking down Privatefirewall and I absolutely love it. I am running with max. settings on everything and nothing inbound or outbound gets through. Once properly trained, the only alerts I get are for truly suspicious stuff. The thing I like best is the processes detected log. Every sniffer, write protected reg.,manipulate protected storage, open process/thread entry is there for analysis.

There are a few bugs in it like a few borked firewall rules but nothing earth shattering.  
« Last Edit: January 21, 2012, 01:27:03 AM by DonZ63 »