Author Topic: Avast! Pro License - epiration date not clear  (Read 6751 times)

tevion

Avast! Pro License - epiration date not clear
« on: November 27, 2010, 10:59:25 PM »
Hello!
For several years I am a paying customer.
Every year I renew my Professional License, which had always a 13-month term previously.

On 8/11/2010 it was time again, a new license was due.

As usual, I ordered about Digital River and was first surprised and then annoyed, because when I installed the new license, I got as expiration date of the 11/08/2011.

Expiration of the old is / was the 01/01/2011.

Ok, we can say that's a small thing, but there are at least 2 months, of which at least 1 month, so let's say so is somehow gone down.

The license fee I pay for 12 months, so I'm also entitled to at least these 12 months.

Or do I see anything wrong?

Greets
Tevion

PS. Why I just write today? Because I was naive enough to believe, two, three weeks still use the old license, would mean the end for any clarification of the new license addition.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Avast! Pro License - epiration date not clear
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2010, 11:51:54 PM »
What I suspect is that the date format is different with one showing day month year dd/mm/yyyy and the next showing month day year mm/dd/yyyy which looks to be causing confusion.

I believe the avast 5 is 12 months and I think it starts from the time of purchase if you purchase outside of the avastUI. You normally only get a renewal notification 14 days before you need to renew and at that point the avastUI, Maintenance, Registration interface changes to allow renewal/re-registration. How did you renew ?

I would suggest that you contact sales (at) avast (dot) com and seek clarification and hopefully your full period of 12 months plus the remainder of your existing license.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline schmidthouse

• VIRUS FREE A Long Time
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • When you think you know, Think Again
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2010, 11:57:51 PM »
Hi Tevion: I know stuff like this is super frustrating and I personally don't have any advice other then I have been frustrated with things like this with other software in the past. The unfortunate reality with purchasing on-line( unless you have Credit Card Refund Protection)in this age is it really is "Buyer Beware". I mean its not like a person can go pounding on their door :-\

tevion

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2010, 08:53:12 AM »
First of all thanks for the answers.

What I suspect is that the date format is different with one showing day month year dd/mm/yyyy and the next showing month day year mm/dd/yyyy which looks to be causing confusion.

I believe the avast 5 is 12 months and I think it starts from the time of purchase if you purchase outside of the avastUI. You normally only get a renewal notification 14 days before you need to renew and at that point the avastUI, Maintenance, Registration interface changes to allow renewal/re-registration. How did you renew ?

The date format is correct, i use the german version.
And yes i payed from outside the gui.
I´ve got an renewal mail from "renewal at avast dot com" on 8. November 2010:

Lieber avast! Kunde,

Ihr avast! Virenschutz läuft bald ab. Um vor Viren und Spyware geschützt zu sein, müssen Sie Ihre Lizenz verlängern.

VERLÄNGERN SIE JETZT MIT DEM RABATT BIS ZU 50% Klicken Sie auf den untenstehenden Link, um eine neue Lizenz mit dem Rabatt zu erwerben:
http://www.avast.com/go2.php?verb=rnw4&prod=more&ctry=Austria

Sie  erhalten eine Lizenz für die neue Version 5.0 mit erhöhter Leistung, neuen Funktionen und einem noch umfassenderen Schutz. Wenn Sie online einkaufen oder Bankgeschäfte betreiben, können Sie Ihren Schutz mit unserem Premium-Produkt avast! Internet Security maximieren.

Wenn Sie Hilfe benötigen, schreiben Sie uns eine E-Mail an sales at avast dot com.
Vielen Dank, dass Sie avast! Antivirus zum Schutz Ihres Computers und Ihrer Daten gewählt haben.
-as tisEgeearhsb.VuDea P:0010120Geeu ..1250 a! pitc180 A fa.hp/wvto

I followed the link and payed with my creditcard like every other year.
And i did my updates last year and the year before approximately at the same time and have had never before problems with premature end.

I would suggest that you contact sales (at) avast (dot) com and seek clarification and hopefully your full period of 12 months plus the remainder of your existing license.

I will probably make even, thanks.
It`s a pity that such things can be happen.

Tevion

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2010, 11:28:57 AM »
I answered you in the German thread, you started...
asyn
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

tevion

Re: Avast! Pro License - epiration date not clear / SOLVED
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2010, 08:07:56 PM »
Hi,
today I received an e-mail from sales at avast dot com.
I got a very nice offer and lose nothing.
I would like to thank on this way for this great service.
Tevion

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2010, 08:52:33 PM »
You're welcome, glad that you have had a happy outcome.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security