Author Topic: Multi PC home version  (Read 2714 times)

capitainexa

Multi PC home version
« on: October 11, 2008, 03:04:59 PM »
Hi,
I'm new, just registered.
I have the V 4.8-1229 home version on a laptop ACER 9520 whith Vista and Bit defender running actually in parallel with Avast.
In my home we have 3 computers, the one above plus an other laptop Medion with Vista and a PC on Win XP.
All three computers are interfaced with a netwok WIFI conected through a Livebox to the phone line.
Question may I use also Avast on the 2 other computers ? If yes shall I use the same Key to register? If yes How each computer will update correctly since connected to the same network ?

What I regret from BitDefender is the The 2 small panels giving at a simple glance the activity of files and network.

Many thanks for your reply(ies)

Best regards

capitainexa

ardvark

Re: Multi PC home version
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2008, 10:43:59 PM »
Hi...

Yes, you can use avast on the other two computers but I'm not sure precisely if you can use the same license for all three. I'm pretty sure if we were talking about the professional version, it would be a definate "NO" but I'm not sure about the home version. As long as all three copies have access to the internet from your network, they should update just fine. :)

Also, if I understood correctly, you're running two antivirus together on the same computer. This is never a good idea as AV programs, by nature, are "territorial" and running two together can cause conflicts and other problems. For this system, you should choose one AV or the other and uninstall the one you have not chosen.

I would need someone else on the forum to help with the license question...

Best Regards...

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: Multi PC home version
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2008, 11:31:45 PM »
Bit defender running actually in parallel with Avast.
I suppose the you're running BitDefender free version...

In my home we have 3 computers
Question may I use also Avast on the 2 other computers ?
Yes.

If yes shall I use the same Key to register?
Yes.

If yes How each computer will update correctly since connected to the same network ?
Yes, they will update ok.
The best things in life are free.