Author Topic: Proxy server problem  (Read 4527 times)

anthonydigregorio

Proxy server problem
« on: November 01, 2010, 06:39:45 PM »
Hi, I'm new to this forum, I'm new because this is my first computer problem.

I've contracted some type of malware, that is sporadically causing google search link redirects, and keeps resetting my firefox & chrome settings to use the proxy server 127.0.0.1 port: 50370, and wont let me enable my (avast)in normal and/or safemode, but no matter how many times I remove it, something comes back. As far as my proxy settings go, I keep turning off the proxy, only to have it come back on in firefox and chrome after restarting the browser or my computer.

Could use some help please
thank you
Anthony

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Proxy server problem
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2010, 06:55:31 PM »
If you haven't already got this software (freeware), download, install, update and run it and report the findings (it should product a log file).

Don't worry about reported tracking cookies they are a minor issue and not one of security, allow SAS to deal with them though. - See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HTTP_cookie.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security