Author Topic: Upgrade  (Read 2507 times)

bexar656

Upgrade
« on: February 22, 2010, 04:22:19 AM »
Since my last two runs with viruses I'm afraid to open anything. I run Super spywareantivirus along with avast and malware antivirus and I upgrade at least twice a week. Lately I've been getting a popup box on my desktop saying that I need to upgrade Super spyware and to click here to download your upgrade. I have not done so. I go to the Super spyware icon on my desktop and click check for upgrades and it runs and says your Super spywareantivirus has been downloaded and upgraded. So I don't know about this popup I keep getting. Is it ligit or not. Appreicate any help on this.

Offline Abraxas

• Avast Evangelist
  • Advanced Poster
  • Perseverance Furthers...
    • PCLinuxOS-Forums
Re: Upgrade
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2010, 10:08:15 AM »
Hi bexar656 .

I run Super spywareantivirus along with avast and malware antivirus

Could we just clarify ? SUPERAntiSpyware , Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware

If so, clarify your using Avast! as you main AV, i.e. The Resident protection ?

And using SUPERAntiSpyware , Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware as on Demand scanners ?

" ...I go to the Super spyware icon on my desktop and click check for upgrades and it runs and says your Super spywareantivirus has been downloaded and upgraded. So I don't know about this popup I keep getting. Is it ligit or not. Appreicate any help on this."
All I can suggest is to look at all your settings within SUPERAntiSpyware relating to "Updating". See that all looks o.k. to your eye.

Another thing, go to C:\Program Files\"SUPERAntiSpyware" (I dont use it, so dont know the exact path, but you will ... ) find SUPERAntiSpyware.exe, Right Click on it, select Properties from the Context Menu, check the version Number from the Properties box, make a note, see that this is the latest version from their Website.
If you keep having trouble you can painlessly Uninstall SUPERAntiSpyware, download the latest version, and reinstall.

Regards

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2010, 10:26:01 AM »
It is probably a program update of SUPERAntiSpyware

latest is V. 4.34.1000 and you may have 4.33.1000
Download and install from here http://www.filehippo.com/download_superantispyware/

when you say

Super spywareantivirus        i guess you mean SUPERAntiSpyware ?
malware antivirus                i guess you mean Malwarebytes Antimalware ?

bexar656

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2010, 05:19:27 PM »
Yes that's what I mean. Also you were right I did have version 4.33 so I clicked on the popup upgrade and it installed 4.34. I hope that's the end of it. Something that annoyes me is that when you go to some of these upgrades you also get a bunch of other stuff that they want you to download and pay for and sometimes it gets a bit confussing as to what you are clicking on. Thanks for the help.

Offline Abraxas

• Avast Evangelist
  • Advanced Poster
  • Perseverance Furthers...
    • PCLinuxOS-Forums
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2010, 06:48:01 AM »
You're welcome bexar656 .

Please feel free to ask if you have any problems.
The Volunteers, ... and yes they are Volunteers, are more than happy to give you advice.

Glad to see you had such a simple problem after all  ;D