Author Topic: Thepiratebay.org is now a malicious site?  (Read 85768 times)

Mr.Agent

Re: Thepiratebay.org is now a malicious site?
« Reply #75 on: August 25, 2009, 10:16:15 PM »
I never said if we visit a website that we download a malicious thing. I never say this. I can say that in 2009 like some 1 said every 3,6 secs a website is infected if you dont believe me browse the forum.

Thank and dont take my post for a offense.

Im here to discuss mate ;) And im not here to get trouble and problem because some 1 is scaring because Avast! did do "1" false positive....

Mr.Agent

Offline Maxx_original

• Super Poster
« Reply #76 on: August 25, 2009, 10:18:16 PM »
guys, take it easy... jsejtko already explained what happened and there's no reason to bash someone, we're trying to fix this FP asap.. if you can't forgive these rarely occuring misdetections (considering the effort to fix them very soon), then i must say you're quite hot-headed...

for those, who say "bye bye avast" etc. - there will be soon no AV left for you, if you're gonna change the antivirus by each opportunity (FP in file, FP on website) :P

copycat

« Reply #77 on: August 25, 2009, 10:19:49 PM »
Mr Agent,

I'm sorry, sir, but you just now spread so much senseless propaganda in this ONE thread, i'm not sure where to begin, nor go over it with you like i would do with a 5 yr old. Just have a go at your posts and claims and points to either links or your thoughts or suggestions or fears on said sites in this thread.

Full stop, nuff said.

Mr.Agent

« Reply #78 on: August 25, 2009, 10:22:12 PM »
guys, take it easy... jsejtko already explained what happened and there's no reason to bash someone, we're trying to fix this FP asap.. if you can't forgive these rarely occuring misdetections (considering the effort to fix them very soon), then i must say you're quite hot-headed...

for those, who say "bye bye avast" etc. - there will be soon no AV left for you, if you're gonna change the antivirus by each opportunity (FP in file, FP on website) :P

+1 for Maxx.

I also feel targetting but i can keep my greatness even if the guy is trying to offense me.

Mr.Agent

PS : copycat this thread is no longer active because jsejtko did explain so enought to reply.

This thread is became really amazing to my eyes. If some 1 can edit the post into up of copycat.

I take his post really for a offense !!! "5 years old" If i was having 5 years old i wouldnt be there to talk english to you.

Offline mathboyx215

• Avast Evangelist
  • Poster
« Reply #79 on: August 25, 2009, 10:23:01 PM »

I 110% agree with you.
Some people think avast is bad because it is blocking a torrent site but they have never thought that it might be a false positive and they think avast is censoring the internet.
I think people these days should really think before they type.
It is not possible to divide anything by zero

kraftonz

« Reply #80 on: August 25, 2009, 10:23:28 PM »

+1 for Maxx.

I also feel targetting but i can keep my greatness even if the guy is trying to offense me.

Mr.Agent

PS : copycat this thread is no longer active because jsejtko did explain so enought to reply.

This thread is became really amazing to my eyes. If some 1 can edit the post into up of copycat.

I take his post really for a offense !!! "5 years old" If i was having 5 years old i wouldnt be there to talk english to you.

Please, don't feed this hairy troll.

And thank you for the answer !

Hard_ROCKER

« Reply #81 on: August 25, 2009, 10:23:59 PM »
I vote for the closing of this thread, the detection is a FP as was confirmed by the alwil staff and 3/4 of the posts here are either insulting or a complete and utter nonsense. We won't get anywhere like this. Someone should change the topic title to reflect that this is solved and a false positive.

Mr.Agent

« Reply #82 on: August 25, 2009, 10:25:23 PM »
I wont do a bad hair kraft dont worry. I dont got any problem to you so you can be calm ;)

I also vote for this be close now.

Mr.Agent

Duffman3005

« Reply #83 on: August 25, 2009, 10:29:07 PM »
I third the vote for close

and maybe a sticky saying pirate bay FP will be fixed soon as to avoid multiple threads ont he subject

copycat

« Reply #84 on: August 25, 2009, 10:32:59 PM »

+1 for Maxx.

Mr.Agent

see, this is your problem now i see, your ego... "my greatness"...

who cares about that?

lastly, i know plenty of 5 yr olds that can talk, english, thus, they get themselves in trouble often by talking too much about what they dont know, thus it has to be explained to them. "no, dont call that lady fat, she's pregnant"  and so on.  I cant help by being a parent that i must point that out to you. OUt of your own ignorance, like a 5yr old's.

Avast made a simple? mistake, and corrected it, while you potentially scared the bejeezus out of ppl for no reason at all.  Not very graceful.. or "great" if you ask me.

Mr.Agent

« Reply #85 on: August 25, 2009, 10:36:48 PM »
Well did i do know if its was a false positive ? Well no. But now they said it and i did admit it i was wrong me to.

So stop saying something who can offense some 1 this is a discussion forum no a battle.

If you think im ignorant ok its your opinion. But the only person who know about his self is the person his self. And you talk about me so i know more about my self more than you do. So stop judging others and look at you first.

Bye.

Mr.Agent

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #86 on: August 25, 2009, 10:37:00 PM »
Please, moderators, close the thread.
The problem was already acknowledged, the false positive will be corrected asap, so, no need to keep this opened.
The best things in life are free.

Offline jsejtko

• Avast team
    • ALWIL Software
« Reply #87 on: August 25, 2009, 10:38:59 PM »
Update is out, please update your avast.

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
  • Serious Graphoman
  • Please don't send me IM's. Email only. Thx.
    • ALWIL Software
« Reply #88 on: August 26, 2009, 12:43:16 AM »
As the problem is now fixed (after only 4 hours), it's time to close this thread...

The bottom line is: no need to come up with conspiracy theories to explain something that can be easily attributed to a human error. My apologies to anyone who got hit by this incident. ;)
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving's not for you.