Author Topic: avast! Backup Beta for Android  (Read 75849 times)

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: avast! Backup Beta for Android
« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2013, 06:39:42 PM »
Are you sure your device is REALLY rooted?
There are free app to check if you're rooted.
https://play.google.com/store/search?q=root+checker&c=apps
The best things in life are free.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2013, 06:59:59 PM »
can you check in your /data/data directory if there is a file with that name somewhere?
I've taken another screenshot and I do not have such file/directory.
It's not hidden either.
But, shouldn't the backup process go ahead and, at the end, eventually, report the issues?
Well, at least this is the behavior of avast! Backup/Mozy for PC.

kevpan815

« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2013, 01:06:05 AM »
Dear Mr. Holzner, I got your E-mail about the Updated Build being Available, BUT when I try to download either from the Avast Public Beta Submission Website OR from the E-mail Link that you sent me: all I get is HTTP 404 Not Found! :-(
« Last Edit: May 22, 2013, 01:13:06 AM by kevpan815 »

kevpan815

« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2013, 01:39:35 AM »
Fix permissions does actually nothing related to rooting.

whats your issue (what does it say?)
Finally decided to go ahead and ROOT my device and found that I am still unable to use Rooted Mode possibly due to the fact that my Samsung Galaxy S4 is a NAND Protected Device even though ROOT Mode works just fine with Avast Anti-Theft Software. :-(
It says that the program was unable to find SU Permissions even though I have used the Clockwork Mod (which is practically the only Root Mod available for this S4 SPH-720 Phone right now) to run Fix Permissions at least a half dozen times by now.
Root Mode works just fine in Avast Anti-Theft 2.0.xxxx, just to let you know, although it will NOT install directly due to the fact that this is a Jelly Bean 4.2.2 NAND Protected Samsung Galaxy S4, instead I have to use Edify for Jelly Bean Devices.

JPS1978

« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2013, 09:20:46 AM »
Hi,

same for me here (like kevpan815).
Filled out Beta Registration, but received download-link
doesn't work. Get "HTTP 404 Not Found" Error!

regards

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #20 on: May 22, 2013, 01:16:33 PM »
can you check in your /data/data directory if there is a file with that name somewhere?
It's not hidden either.
But, shouldn't the backup process go ahead and, at the end, eventually, report the issues?
The error occurs all the time with different files. Any way of logging the file and move on?

reinhardholzner

« Reply #21 on: May 22, 2013, 02:22:22 PM »
just released build 4728 (you should have an email with the link in your inbox) please try again. I added additional error logging which might help me.

It's not hidden either.

reinhardholzner

« Reply #22 on: May 22, 2013, 02:23:13 PM »
Fixed! You just got a new email containing link to new build.

Dear Mr. Holzner, I got your E-mail about the Updated Build being Available, BUT when I try to download either from the Avast Public Beta Submission Website OR from the E-mail Link that you sent me: all I get is HTTP 404 Not Found! :-(

reinhardholzner

« Reply #23 on: May 22, 2013, 02:23:44 PM »
Fixed! You just got a new email containing link to new build.

Hi,

same for me here (like kevpan815).
Filled out Beta Registration, but received download-link
doesn't work. Get "HTTP 404 Not Found" Error!

regards

reinhardholzner

« Reply #24 on: May 22, 2013, 02:24:59 PM »
maybe you just have custom recovery rom, but actually not really ROOTED your phone (for this a su binary needs to be present). NAND does not affect function of avast! Backup (as it actually does not WRITE to the system partition, but just uses some su features).

Finally decided to go ahead and ROOT my device and found that I am still unable to use Rooted Mode possibly due to the fact that my Samsung Galaxy S4 is a NAND Protected Device even though ROOT Mode works just fine with Avast Anti-Theft Software. :-(
It says that the program was unable to find SU Permissions even though I have used the Clockwork Mod (which is practically the only Root Mod available for this S4 SPH-720 Phone right now) to run Fix Permissions at least a half dozen times by now.
Root Mode works just fine in Avast Anti-Theft 2.0.xxxx, just to let you know, although it will NOT install directly due to the fact that this is a Jelly Bean 4.2.2 NAND Protected Samsung Galaxy S4, instead I have to use Edify for Jelly Bean Devices.

JPS1978

« Reply #25 on: May 22, 2013, 02:39:49 PM »
Thanks a lot, reinhardholzner, now it works!

Offline patrice58

• Advanced Poster
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #26 on: May 22, 2013, 04:19:13 PM »
Why does Avast backup not show in the taskbar while in use just like AMS?
Vista Home Premium 32 bit (user account) CISC 4.1.150349.920 + CAV (On Access) + Sandbox,V-Engine 2.7.0.37, SpywareBlaster 4.3, SAS (free), a-squared (free) MBAM (free) Finjan Secure Browsing, Windows Defender (scanner only), Zemana AntiLogger 1.9.2.206,

reinhardholzner

« Reply #27 on: May 22, 2013, 04:23:34 PM »
Its not necessary for avast! Backup
It shows progress on restore though.

Why does Avast backup not show in the taskbar while in use just like AMS?

kevpan815

« Reply #28 on: May 22, 2013, 07:11:52 PM »
maybe you just have custom recovery rom, but actually not really ROOTED your phone (for this a su binary needs to be present). NAND does not affect function of avast! Backup (as it actually does not WRITE to the system partition, but just uses some su features).

For some reason or another SU is Broken on my S4. I am NOT sure what I did wrong. The Clockwork ROM is Properly Loaded and working on my S4 using the instructions on the www.galaxys4root.com Website.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2013, 07:14:48 PM by kevpan815 »

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #29 on: May 22, 2013, 11:46:10 PM »
A widget to run the backup won't be bad :)
Also, when I switch between apps (windows) the backup one does not require the PIN again as AMS does. Is it by design or it is a bug? Or, something changed in the last beta that override my setting asking for a PIN... ::)