Author Topic: Win:Ransom [Trj] process812 [googledesktop.exe], memory block 0x0000000000B0000  (Read 2461 times)

coachsuze

process812 [googledesktop.exe], memory block 0x0000000000B00000, block size 45056 (GoogleDesktop.exe)
&
process2544 [googledesktop.exe], memory block 0x0000000000B00000, block size 45056 (GoogleDesktop.exe)

Both these processes were found on my computer by Avast, however, it does not look as if Avast did anything to isolate or remove them.

I do have my scans set up to repair, or move to chest, or delete (if the other 2 are not options) when detected during the scan. Usually the scan logs say what was done with the infected file/program when it was found, but in this last scan it noted the identification of the Trojans and then nothing under action or results.

My computer has been running poorly for the past 6 weeks. Avast has been telling me it was fine. Finally ran a few other scans last week, got rid of a few adware cookies and such... Then ran another avast full scan. Avast then found a Trojan and moved it to the chest.  Within just a few short days, the computer is acting as if it is on Geritol again! Ran another programs scan that is mostly a malware/adware/spyware tool. All it found was 2 files that it has found previously as hidden files & a 'high' threat. I checked these out since they keep reappearing, & evidently they are files used by Avast sandbox - so I left them alone this time. Since I had just run an Avast full scan within the last 24hrs, I created a custom scan setting all the levels to the highest sensitivity and asking it to check every file possible. All of a sudden I have 2 more Trojans!, and Avast didn't seem to do anything to get rid of them or allow me to!

Please help! I rely on my computer constantly for work communications as my office is in my home!

Thank you, Suze

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
Both these processes were found on my computer by Avast, however, it does not look as if Avast did anything to isolate or remove them.
It can not.....since this is not a file(s) but a process.....can`t move a process to chest

so you did a custom scan and selected "scan memory" ?
do NOT use the "scan memory" setting as this often give some strange result

dont change the default scan settings if you do not know the result...
i recomend using the default quick/full scan with default settings

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
If you suspect infection, then there is a guide here you can follow and attach the logs
http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=53253.0

Essexboy will then check it when he arrive