Author Topic: 3D World Studio 5.50 Infected?  (Read 3981 times)

freblo

3D World Studio 5.50 Infected?
« on: September 25, 2006, 08:38:44 PM »
When I turned on my PC today, my avast! received its usual updates. When I later launched my design program 3D World Studio 5.50, avast! denied it from executing. I uninstalled 3D World Studio and downloaded a new installer. On installing, avast! detected the 3DWS .exe. Avast! said it was a Win32:Lineage-323 trojan. I have used this program with avast! for a long time, and the problems started after last update.

I am pretty sure that 3DWS isn't malware, so how can I make 3DWS work with avast! again? I hope that an update will fix this problem.

BTW
3DWS contacts the main server and downloads some data from it. Could that be the reason?

Thanks

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: 3D World Studio 5.50 Infected?
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2006, 09:05:04 PM »
You could also check the offending/suspect file at: VirusTotal - Multi engine on-line virus scanner
Or Jotti - Multi engine on-line virus scanner if any other scanners here detect them it is less likely to be a false positive. You can't do this with the file in the chest, you will need to move it out.

If it is indeed a false positive, add it to the exclusions lists (Standard Shield, Customize, Advanced and Program Settings, Exclusions) and periodically check it (scan it in the chest), there should still be a copy in the chest even though you restored it to the original location. When it is no longer detected then you can also remove it from the Standard Shield and Program Settings, exclusions.

Also see (Mini Sticky) False Positives, how to report and what to do to exclude them until the problem is corrected.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

freblo

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2006, 10:45:55 PM »
Thanks for the information and quick response :)
I checked the file http://virusscan.jotti.org/, and only avast! was positive. I have sent a mail with the file to virus@avast.com about this. I will send false positives there in the future.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2006, 11:41:18 PM »
That is the quickest way to have them rectified, they are usually quite quick.

You might want to remove the signature image, some lessor experienced people believe that the forum is spying on them and not your idea of a cool tool, which has been on the forums before and many thought that avast was spying on them. Not knowing this information is readilly available to everyone.

Welcome to the forums.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2006, 03:08:16 AM »
When I later launched my design program 3D World Studio 5.50, avast! denied it from executing.
As a workaround, please, use the two Exclusion lists:

For the Standard Shield provider (on-access scanning):
Left click the 'a' blue icon, click on the provider icon at left and then Customize.
Go to Advanced tab and click on Add button...

For the other providers (on-demmand scanning):
Right click the 'a' blue icon, click Program Settings.
Go to Exclusions tab and click on Add button...

You can use wildcards like * and ?.
But be carefull, you should 'exclude' that many files that let your system in danger.
The best things in life are free.

freblo

« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2006, 01:53:18 PM »
If am sorry, I didn't know people was so scared of this signature. That's sad :'(
There hasn't been any new updates yet, so I think I have to exclude the program folder for 3DWS.
Thanks again for all help and advice :D

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2006, 02:58:54 PM »
That is the problem, fear of the unknown (big brother looking over their shoulder) and or a lack of computer knowledge in general, what you are likely to find in a support forum.

Exclusion is the best option and periodic checks of the file copy in the chest to see if a VPS update no longer detects it then you remove the exclusion.