Other > General Topics

nuisance browser: GUKCOM or google.uk.com

<< < (4/4)

bob3160:
Why are you stuck with IE 8 ???

mchain:
Maybe has XP SP3?

To a_vast,

Before we go off on a tangent here, please keep in mind all members in this thread are avast users, like you.  If you have a problem related to avast, or believe you do, (did it miss this detection yesterday?).  If there is a problem with the way Avast is operating or working, can help you there.

--- Quote from: a_vast on May 26, 2012, 12:52:59 PM ---Thanks,

Kripes - how are we supposed to protect ourselves when people like Google start playing around like this: absurd!! Did I ask Google for this service? No, no, no!

--- End quote ---
OR if you believe you are infected with malware, we have jeffce and/or essexboy who will assist you.  At the very least, they can get rid of the Google modified browser for you.  And make sure your system is clean.

a_vast:

--- Quote from: bob3160 on May 26, 2012, 11:03:58 PM ---Why are you stuck with IE 8 ???

--- End quote ---

I have this thanks: http://uk.msn.com/?ocid=OIE9HP

a_vast:

--- Quote from: mchain on May 27, 2012, 02:55:40 AM ---Maybe has XP SP3? Before we go off on a tangent here, please keep in mind all members in this thread are avast users, like you.  If you have a problem related to avast, or believe you do, (did it miss this detection yesterday?).  If there is a problem with the way Avast is operating or working, can help you there...OR if you believe you are infected with malware, we have jeffce and/or essexboy who will assist you.  At the very least, they can get rid of the Google modified browser for you.  And make sure your system is clean.

--- End quote ---

Many thanks - I just found google.uk.com set as the homepage in IE9 - I may even have put it in there by mistake thinking I was typing google.co.uk. Last time I visited Avast I was advised to maually type in defaults because I had been visited by adware malware in the past. Hence my alarm at finding (to my eye) an odd looking version of Google suddenly appearing - it did not restrict itself to IE9 btw & kept on migrating to Google Chrome.

Kind regards.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version