Author Topic: Search.Conduit annoying add on.  (Read 31963 times)

Offline bob3160

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • 64 Years of Happiness
    • bob3160 Protecting Yourself, Your Computer and, Your Identity
Re: Search.Conduit annoying add on.
« Reply #45 on: April 24, 2014, 10:35:30 PM »
I don't know how to copy/paste, I did as you asked and found these logs in my downloads file, I hope this is correct? TY.
copy:
Highlight the text> right click and select copy

Paste:
Select the part where the information is to be used > right click and select paste

Free Security Seminar: https://bit.ly/bobg2023  -  Important: http://www.organdonor.gov/ -- My Web Site: http://bob3160.strikingly.com/ - Win 11 Pro v22H2 64bit, 16 Gig Ram, 1TB SSD, Avast Free 23.5.6066, How to Successfully Install Avast http://goo.gl/VLXdeRepair & Clean Install https://goo.gl/t7aJGq -- My Online Activity https://bit.ly/BobGInternet

daveyden

« Reply #46 on: April 24, 2014, 11:56:02 PM »
Thanks Bob, had learned that since, but nice to know helping hands are there, Dave

jeffce

« Reply #47 on: April 25, 2014, 12:03:49 AM »
Hi,

It was brought to my attention that you had been getting help here as well.  I think being at the juncture you are now in the repair process here, that the best course of action would be to continue receiving help here with Valinorum.  I know that you are in great hands.  :) 

I will go ahead and close the log over at Bleeping Computer ok?  :)

daveyden

« Reply #48 on: April 25, 2014, 03:17:32 AM »
ok jeff, did you get my msg earlier? I had the same problem with both pc's, thats why I saught help with 2 agents, It was me that told him that I was working with you...just put it down to ignorance! ty for your help, and a bientot! dave

daveyden

« Reply #49 on: April 25, 2014, 03:39:39 AM »
Hi Valinorium, are you still able to help me? I have 2 pc's infected, 1 is a W Vista basic 32 bits and the new one is 64 bits on W8.1, (which I am having more trouble navigating around). They both seem to have the same problem, (search conduit), and both are showing virtumonde and smitfraud in scans, yet they've never been synced, maybe Chrome passed the infection? Tomorrow I will get both laptops together here, so it won't be so confusing, and, if you are still willing, they can be treated at the same time with the same process.
Again, sorry about the faux-pas with jeff, but it was done in innocence, (Which is why I had no qualms about mentioning him to you.) I will check in the morning and if we could go ahead,maybe from fresh; as I now have a little more confidence in doing certain actions, (copy and paste for example.) I hope you'll keep me on board, and I look forward to hearing from you. Kind Regards, dave

Valinorum

« Reply #50 on: April 25, 2014, 06:12:35 AM »
If it is two different PCs you can work with jeffce at Bleeping and myself simultaneously or can work with me/jeffce after I fix the other one. But be vigilant while applying the fixes and double check the information. My concern was the following --
  • There have been numerous occasion where a client followed two different instruction and ended up in a bad situation with the machine hence one problem, one helper protocol was issued in all the Malware Removal Sites.
  • It makes the helper confuse if he checks your next log and finds something which is abnormal to him but normal to the other helper who is helping you.
  • Due to the large number of request we get daily on each Malware Removal sites, you are taking another victim's slot by opening multiple topic.
I had a talk with jeffce and he said that he will be busy with real life issues but will certainly help you if you wish to continue with him.

After the zoek scan how is Chrome acting? Are you still getting virtumonde alert?

daveyden

« Reply #51 on: April 25, 2014, 10:46:42 AM »
Yes, I think you are right, as the 2 machines seem to have the same problem it might be best that I stick to one instructor, (you, if that's all right). jeffce was using  slightly different programs, so if we could deal with this pc first I will save all instructions and apply them to the  new laptop. They both show Virtumonde and smitfraud DURING a scan, but they don't show up in the scan results. I still have the info and downloads you have already given me, and I haven't downloaded anything that could affect the pc's since we began, so if you want to continue where we left off we can. (I will, of course, need to start afresh with the other pc).

daveyden

« Reply #52 on: April 25, 2014, 11:33:34 AM »
Just to clarify Valinorium, when I scan with spybot, Windows defender or Avast, the DETAILS of the running analysis show the aforesaid products as being present, but there is no alert. I have removed spybot following your advise, (or jeffce's, perhaps), can I re-install it yet or shall I wait till we're through?

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
« Reply #53 on: April 25, 2014, 11:39:47 AM »
SpyBot is waste of HD space ....you dont need it when you have Malwarebytes

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2412372,00.asp
In testing, it proved almost 100 percent ineffective.

daveyden

« Reply #54 on: April 25, 2014, 11:43:36 AM »
O.K., Thanks for that Pondus, wish I'd known that before I made a donation to them! (You live and learn!)

daveyden

« Reply #55 on: April 25, 2014, 11:50:27 AM »
Saying that, I just tried to activate Malwarebytes but I need a licence no. and key, does that mean I need to register with them?

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
« Reply #56 on: April 25, 2014, 12:01:03 PM »
License is only for PRO version

Valinorum

« Reply #57 on: April 25, 2014, 12:08:50 PM »
Which scan? Can you take a screenshot of the alert as I am seeing no virtumonde infection ?
Rescan please and show me a screenshot if you get the alert.

daveyden

« Reply #58 on: April 25, 2014, 12:20:06 PM »
There are NO alerts, all I see is the products name come up on a whole lot of files when whichever scan tool I'm using is doing a scrolling analysis...I have seen the "Virtumonde" name during scans for a couple of years now, and thought it quite normal until I read of potential threats caused by the product. Having said that, it doesn't get mentioned in the final report, so it could be nothing.
May I say, I've read a few other posts and some people are downright rude, (jvidal for instance), I think you guys deserve medals for putting up with selfish rants like that!

daveyden

« Reply #59 on: April 25, 2014, 12:27:26 PM »
I can't remember where we're up to, Valinorium, did you get the zoek report, or do I need to re-scan?