Author Topic: S.M.A.R.T HDD Virus/Avast Fails to protect  (Read 3605 times)

jacknm2

S.M.A.R.T HDD Virus/Avast Fails to protect
« on: April 01, 2012, 06:28:22 PM »
Avast 7: Recently Updated Both program & Virus Database

Virus must of come in through download off a game modding website, not down to my own faalt as i scanned after Dload, after Extraction and after Installation, nothing found. Virus tried to con me into buying fake software, knew it was fake as it was imitating Microsoft Software that comes with many of it's OS's.

Completely shutdown my PC, spent from 10am to 5.30pm cleaning out my Pc as i couldnt even do a simple reformat. You can find the information on this virus and what it does, i did type out a very good paragraph about this but the verification system is hard to read and when i got it wrong a pressed back it was gone, another thing that has infuriated me about Avast. was going to go Avast pro. don't see why i should waste my money now

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
Re: S.M.A.R.T HDD Virus/Avast Fails to protect
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2012, 06:36:58 PM »
No antivirus have 100% detection
Removal guides for rouges are found at bleepingcomputers
 http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/virus-removal/remove-smart-hdd

Or see the sticky guide above here for how to get help
« Last Edit: April 01, 2012, 06:44:39 PM by Pondus »

jacknm2

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2012, 01:07:39 AM »
First thing i did was look up this virus, i've successfully removed it myself, with help from geeks to go, the guides dont tell you everything you need to know, isnt my first rodeo, i wasnt implying that it will be 100%, if it was then they would have no way to make money from us would they? :) simply put this virus has been around for a while after i did my research, thought it would be something that was picked up.

The virus itself is easily removed. getting your computer back the way it was isnt.

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2012, 01:17:22 AM »
simply put this virus has been around for a while after i did my research, thought it would be something that was picked up.
it is not that easy......they look the same...but change inside to avoid detection

Fake antivirus overwhelming scanners
http://news.techworld.com/security/3203072/fake-antivirus-overwhelming-scanners/