Author Topic: New SBS Installation  (Read 5423 times)

saflf

New SBS Installation
« on: March 31, 2009, 12:26:45 PM »
New User Warning On.

We just purchased "avast! SBS Standard Suite, 3 years" and received the email with the order ID and license key.  There are no instructions for what to download, what to install, or anything else.  I've pieced together that we should install the adnm, but where / how do we get it?  I don't see it on the SBS download.  Why is there no step by step installation procedure documented for a sbs deployment?  I need
1. Download pkg x, y, z
2. Install x on server.
3. Install y on server.
4. Run y to deploy z to workstations....

So far, all we've done is downloaded and run the avsrv_full.exe and run the server installation.  How do we deploy avast! to network workstations?

saflf

Re: New SBS Installation
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2009, 08:26:31 PM »
Okay, no help to non-existant documentation, we got it installed and deployed.  Hey - Avast Team, if you are not going to reply to questions in this forum, then how am I supposed to get the answers to questions?  There needs to be a deployment guide, how to roll out a server and network avast! installation.

Your ADNM is not where it users will find it.  Why is it not in the download software section - either server package or utilities....

When your error says to look in the remote install log, it would be nice to inform us where the hell the remote install log is located and how you view it!

Overall, I give the package admin usability a D- for lack of instructions, help, and support

Offline scythe944

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
    • My Tech Blog
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2009, 08:50:09 PM »
Woah, hold your horses boss!

I'll help you, I just didn't see it.

First of all, there is documentation available.

For the ADNM console, it's available here: http://files.avast.com/files/eng/adnmag.pdf

I found it on this page: http://www.avast.com/eng/download-adnm.html

As for the Remote install log, it is in the ADNM console.  Log into the ADNM console, click view, Show AMS Logs, then Remote install log.

If you have anymore questions, I'll try to respond as quickly as possible!
For generic computer (not avast) problems, you can also visit my forum for help: http://www.jacobytech.net/forum

Offline scythe944

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
    • My Tech Blog
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2009, 08:51:37 PM »
Why is it not in the download software section - either server package or utilities....

Actually, it is in the download section.  Go to avast.com, click on download programs, and on the left side of the page, the ADNM is listed there.
For generic computer (not avast) problems, you can also visit my forum for help: http://www.jacobytech.net/forum

ctrx

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2009, 07:19:40 PM »
Hello,

I'm new to Avast! and I'm using SBS Premium Suite.  I've installed the ADNM and have performed the discovery of the workstations and network.  I think I've setup the managed client install correctly but have no clue as I've yet to find any type of actual documentation for how to roll out this product and configure the managed clients.  I've fumbled my way thru it and have setup a task to install the managed client.  However, the issue I see is that the Resident Protection is "DISABLED".  Is there any documentation ANYWHERE on how to roll out this software on SBS 2003 server and to 15 workstations using the managed clients? As I've stated I've pushed the managed client to one PC thus far but in the ADNM it is pulling back information but the icon is still showing Grey and the VPS version and Engine version are showing <not installed>.  So what do I have to do to get a green icon to show?  PC's are configured properly as stated in the ADNM documentation to allow for communication to/from the workstation..........but still showing a grey icon for the PC that I have physically/manually verified that the managed client is installed.
Also, it specifically states that you have to install the SBS Edition on your server for it to work on SBS.  So how do I get that to be managed in the ADNM?

Again, very poor documentation and procedures from what I've seen and read on the forums thus far.  Hopefully I can get a quick response as to what I need to do to get the Resident Protection ENABLED etc.