Author Topic: Virus Affect IE9  (Read 2421 times)

norcalpsych

Virus Affect IE9
« on: August 22, 2012, 06:03:07 AM »
First, I confess, I am a novice here.

I have tried a number of different approaches to clean a virus from my computer including AVG Free and now Avast Free; neither have been successful. My next step is to try Bitdefender.

The problem comes up when I use Internet Explorer (most often when I have multiple sessions of IE open). Within a few seconds I get an error indicating that Windows Explorer is not working. It takes several attempts to cancel and sometimes it will close all IE operations.

I have tried a full system scan with Avast in addition to its regularly scheduled daily scans. Any help will definitely be appreciated otherwise it's off to the computer repair shop.

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
Re: Virus Affect IE9
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2012, 07:44:05 AM »
I have tried a full system scan with Avast in addition to its regularly scheduled daily scans. Any help will definitely be appreciated otherwise it's off to the computer repair shop.
if you want help, this is the guide to follow
http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=53253.0

norcalpsych

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2012, 10:18:12 PM »
Yes, I had already gone to the link you suggested and ran the reports. Of course, I have no idea what the contents mean in my situation. What is a next step?

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2012, 10:25:33 PM »
Yes, I had already gone to the link you suggested and ran the reports. Of course, I have no idea what the contents mean in my situation. What is a next step?
it would be to attach the logs (Malwarebytes scan log / OTL.txt / aswMBR.txt) so a malware expert can review them  ;)  and then he will remove any malware he find   :)
« Last Edit: August 26, 2012, 10:34:50 PM by Pondus »