Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Avast One / Re: VPN - Used to remain on after reboot - now doesn't
« Last post by Seven on Today at 12:48:28 PM »
Thank you, but those options are not available on Avast One, as far as I can tell. What are you using?

Previously, I have rebooted and the VPN was on at boot. It stopped doing this after an update a few months ago and I now have to manually turn on the VPN.

a mi me pasa lo mismo y tengo la versión Premium  y es un coñazo
estoy pensando en cambiar de antivirus.
Have you changed default scan settings?
Have you tried avast repair and restart?

Avast Mac Security / Re: Unable to remove threat
« Last post by kazuki666 on Today at 09:39:19 AM »
I have the same problem. Is it due to incorrect virus definition? I saw the following webpage and I do not know if they are related.

https://eclecticlight.co/2024/04/23/apple-has-just-released-updates-to-xprotect-and-xprotect-remediator-11/
Avast version and build number and[/] operating system version please.
Avast Secure Browser for Windows / Re: New browser version 123.0
« Last post by mchain on Today at 07:30:47 AM »
Screenshot please.
Version and build of your Avast installation please?
Hello,

Seems as if you both are advanced, so here is a link to an avast anti-rootkit shield article:  https://businesshelp.avast.com/Content/Products/AfB_Antivirus/ConfiguringSettings/CoreShieldSettings.htm

Of course these settings may or may not be available in consumer-grade applications tho.

For Avast Premium Security Menu>Settings>Search>Geek:Area will give you a hidden settings area but no anti-root settings available there.

Menu>Settings>Protection>Core Shields will show anti-rootkit but no settings to modify other than to turn on or off.

Thanks for the information.  Sorry this has happened.
Avast One / Re: VPN - Used to remain on after reboot - now doesn't
« Last post by mchain on Today at 07:08:36 AM »
Rebooting or restarting a system will clear all memory and processes, including Avast VPN currently running vpn connections.

You can automatically have Avast turn on your vpn when you connect to the internet (see attached png below):

If there is no current internet connection, Avast VPN will not be 'on', as you say.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10