Author Topic: delete Avast SecureLine without leftovers  (Read 36617 times)

tevion

delete Avast SecureLine without leftovers
« on: March 14, 2013, 08:41:18 AM »
Since yesterday i use Avast SecureLine with my iPhone 4 s and iOS 6.1.2 - no jailbreak.
First installation without problems but than i had to find out my internet banking app does not work anymore.
No connection.
Google app does not function properly.
I am no tester i am a normal customer and i have no idea about iOS :-)

I decided to delete the app but that was not as simple as taken iOS normally.
VPN let not turn off.

Today i attempted a new installation and let the server setting to automatically.
And now all seems to be fine.

Nice app but quiete expensive.
Is there a way to get any discount as existing Avast customer?

Greatings
Tevion

Postscript:

The app now works as it should.
Should you want to delete the app, can be found under Settings, General, the outline profile Avast.
Click on Remove.
Otherwise, the vpn connection will be attemped to rebuild despite deleted app.

I can only speak for a recommendation ..
Note: be careful with the usage of data compression
                 my attitude is moderate and no text compression

Tevion
« Last Edit: March 23, 2013, 09:04:46 AM by Tevion »

kevpan815

Re: delete Avast SecureLine without leftovers
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2013, 08:18:21 AM »
Looks like nobody from Avast is willing to answer that question right now, another poster already posted the same question due to complaining that it was draining his Older IPod Touch. Everyone from Avast is so busy with the Android Beta, they have NOT been here in a while. To be honest the only reason why I still have my IPhone 5 Active with Sprint is that I need it for Apple Developer Program Beta Testing. You should see what Avast has coming out for Android (I am NOT an Avast Employee, but I do now have a Samsung Galaxy S4) and I gotta say the Avast software for Android that they are coming out with in September is very impressive, much more impressive than IOS Secure Line. Sorry, but that' s my simple and honest opinion about Secure Line.

pmarmite

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2013, 04:30:52 PM »
This is awful. 

I installed Avast as a free app.  Then I found the SecureLine requires a monthly or annual subscription. 

I deleted the app from my phone.  I am not a fan of bait and switch.
Next thing I know VPN is enabled on my phone, and I have never used VPN.
I try to turn vpn off, but it insists on reconnecting.

I had to go to Settings->General->VPN->Delete Avast's profile

Stay away! >:(

jcburga

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2014, 05:15:13 PM »
Uninstalling or Removing Avast SecureLine VPN from computer:

1. On Start Menu click on Control Panel

2. Programs>Programs and Features, select Avast Free Antivirus and click on “Uninstall/change” button.

3. On Setup window, select “Change” and click on Next button to proceed for Avast Installer to show the installed components.

4. Now Uncheck or deselect SecureLine and click Next button for the installer to make changes to Avast free AV you’ve requested.

uncheck SecureLine component thumb How to Uninstall or Remove SecureLine VPN from Avast v8?

5. Once the changes are made “the product successfully updated” message will be shown on the screen, click on finish button to exit.

That’s it SecureLine VPN service which Avast has installed has been removed.