Author Topic: Comodo firewall won't update - can't access Comodo forums  (Read 10375 times)

n01clueless

Comodo firewall won't update - can't access Comodo forums
« on: April 16, 2012, 09:15:38 PM »
Obviously I would have liked to have raised this problem on the Comodo forums, but I wondered if anyone here is having similar problems. When I try to update Comodo firewall it just sticks on 'Checking for updates' and, strangely, the comodo forums site won't load. All other sites load fine.

Gargamel360

Re: Comodo firewall won't update - can't access Comodo forums
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2012, 09:22:51 PM »
The forum is loading fine for me.....of course, I cant check for updates for a FW I do not have.   

But given both those together, along with other sites loading fine, I would suspect a Comodo server hiccup.

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2012, 09:24:42 PM »
The forum is loading fine for me.....of course, I cant check for updates for a FW I do not have.   

Same here

HDW38

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2012, 09:41:23 PM »
Hi!

I'm using Comodo-FW and since now I got all updates automatically. If that doesn't work, maybe it depends on the settings.
Open your comodo-icon with rightklick, choose 'OPEN...', then choose 'More...'. There you'll find 'Settings' and you can change something by setting a socalled 'hook'.

(I've a German system, so I can only translate.)
Good luck!

HDW38

avthat

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2012, 04:16:10 AM »
hi all - im having the same issues with updating comodo firewall -even tried reinstalling (was using 5.10- now im on 5.9 ).got the outdated version from cnet. still wont update :(

i cant access comodo.com and download.comodo.com either - other sites work fine ..fsecure, kaspersky,avast etc

i also use comodo dragon web browser -it wont update either

ive done various scans ( avast, malwarebytes,eset online scanner, f-secure online scanner )..all are clean

sorry to bother avast with comodos issues, but im at a dead end.
 if any staff know where i can get newest version of comodo firewall id appreciate it alot

thank you all

n01clueless

« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2012, 11:12:37 AM »
Thanks for the responses. I didn't say but, like avthat, I also use Comodo Dragon browser. I have Comodo firewall set to automatically update but when it tries to it says I've found a bug in Comodo Internet Security.

HDW38

« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2012, 09:04:14 PM »
Hi!

Sometimes it's necessary to de-install completely, if a program doesn't work fine. After that you can change to MS Firewall and restart.
Use your Browser and let Google search for 'cfw_installer'. You will see several types of it due to your system. Download and install that one, which fits your system. This will download and install 'Comodo'-FW
Before installing, you should check the settings, for I didn't install 'GeekBuddy' plus 'Dragon' and don't use 'Defence+' (set it to 'off'!).
After the clean installation, you should de-activate the MS Firewall and restart your system.

If I didn't forget something, that should do. Good luck!

HDW38

avthat

« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2012, 09:44:07 AM »
thanks for reply hdw38

but thankfully as of this morning - all seems to be fixed, am now able to access http://www.comodo.com/
comodo dragon updated and so did the firewall

all is well again  ;D

HDW38

« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2012, 02:35:21 PM »
1. thanks for reply hdw38

2. but thankfully as of this morning - all seems to be fixed, am now able to access http://www.comodo.com/
comodo dragon updated and so did the firewall

all is well again  ;D

1: You're welcome.
2: Congratulation.  :)

HDW38

n01clueless

« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2012, 05:04:05 PM »
Just to let people know, there are a number of threads on the Comodo CIS forum about this, but there's no solution as yet. It would appear to be a UK problem affecting one ISP. Things were OK yesterday for me but not today.