Author Topic: I would like to check this Windows 7 Home Premium computer  (Read 1565 times)

Diddy

I would like to check this Windows 7 Home Premium computer
« on: January 19, 2013, 10:13:19 AM »
HI a while back I did a scan with avast 7 free because the computer was moving really slowly and avast did find a virus.  I have since deleted that virus from avast and I just want to be sure that their are no viruses or adware spyware on this computer.  I should also mention that when I downloaded one of the scanning tools and ran it the first time I got a blue screen on this computer and it said that windows has encountered a problem and to prevent damage it has shutdown windows.  Then further down it said it was doing some mini dumps.  The program was named Aswmbr.  So then after the computer had restarted windows I re downloaded this program and it worked fine the second time without any problems at all.

Thanks very much and have a great weekend

some info that  may be helpful:
Windows 7 Home premium
Avast 7 free lasted defs and program version

Ps I am only an intermediate computer user and do not have any advanced computer skills of any kind

Here are the logs below:

Offline essexboy

• Malware removal instructor
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
Re: I would like to check this Windows 7 Home Premium computer
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2013, 11:19:52 PM »
Nothing apparent, are you experiencing any problems ?

Diddy

Re: I would like to check this Windows 7 Home Premium computer
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2013, 11:52:05 PM »
HI except for the blue screen that I experinced not really I just wanted to make sure their were no viruses hiding on the computer just because the person that uses this computer does internet banking on his computer just wanted to be sure it had nothing on it Essexboy.

Thanks