Author Topic: Uninstall safezone - how  (Read 10113 times)

ixjhveayinrz

Uninstall safezone - how
« on: March 15, 2011, 11:58:23 AM »
Hello,

Has anyone found a safe way of removing avast safezone? It is taking up precious space on my small laptop SSD. Thanks.

Offline danny96

• Malware Fighter
  • Advanced Poster
  • No-malware!
Re: Uninstall safezone - how
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2011, 12:06:40 PM »
Add or remove programs > Avast! > Change component and uncheck tick "Safezone"
Real-time protection and Firewall: COMODO Internet Security 12.0.0.6810 -- Additional Protection: Web Of Trust, Ublock, NoScript, Malwarebytes Premium, Avast! Online Security, Hitman Pro -- OS: Windows 10

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2011, 12:10:02 PM »
~65Mb... Is that much?
You can use Control Panel to remove avast components... But, really, it's not that much...
The best things in life are free.

ixjhveayinrz

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2011, 12:36:37 PM »
Unfortunately that option does not work for me - it just tells me "Error: Cannot connect to server". I think this is an error in the setup program - it tries to update Avast instead of letting me modify it. And yes, I am using the latest version.

Is there any reason why the avast installer does not let me deselect safezone during the initial installation of Avast?

And yes, 65MB is a lot when my SSD is 2GB - my Windows folder occupies 169MB, so overall Avast takes more space that Windows... do you see anything weird about that?
« Last Edit: March 15, 2011, 12:38:10 PM by ixjhveayinrz »

doktornotor

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2011, 12:43:53 PM »
Use the latest prerelease version if you want to save your 65MiB.

And new in v6.0.1027:
- attempt to fix new compatibility problems with GameGuard and sXe _rootkits_
- SafeZone improvements
- localization updates (including WebRep)
- improved sandbox logging
- SafeZone is now a standalone setup package (can be installed/uninstalled separately)

ixjhveayinrz

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2011, 01:04:25 PM »
Thank you very much, or as you say in CZ "Děkuji", doktornotor - that is exactly what I was looking for.

This saved me 87MB of space.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2011, 02:18:07 PM »
Is there any reason why the avast installer does not let me deselect safezone during the initial installation of Avast?
Did you follow custom installation?

ixjhveayinrz

« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2011, 03:09:42 PM »
Did you follow custom installation?

Yes, but for the latest OFFICIAL version - where this option is not available. The preview version does have it available though.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2011, 01:53:09 AM »
Strange, it's there on the latest beta version...

oldbelcher

« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2013, 05:49:10 PM »
Thanks! Tried for days to connect to my home network. Safe Zone prevented me from doing so. Once I unticked Safe Zone, all works well. I didn't want it in the first place and don't know how it appeared. Anyway, thanks for the tip. ;)

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2013, 05:57:57 PM »
Thanks! Tried for days to connect to my home network. Safe Zone prevented me from doing so. Once I unticked Safe Zone, all works well. I didn't want it in the first place and don't know how it appeared. Anyway, thanks for the tip. ;)

What avast version do you have ?
This is a very old topic from 2001 (two and a half years old) relating to very old avast version 6.0. The latest avast version is avast 2014 - 9.0.2007.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security