Author Topic: Recommend avast! and get Internet Security for free  (Read 250308 times)

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Recommend avast! and get Internet Security for free
« Reply #30 on: January 03, 2013, 09:09:25 PM »
I guess i'm one of those )) though I think in a week or two I will make it to 3 years ))

That's very good going in a relatively short time. Me, whilst I still recommend avast I don't give any referral link from the my.avast.com account. I have been using the free version of avast for over eight and a half years and have also been using my Outpost Firewall Pro for even longer and I really like that combination.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Sparxx

« Reply #31 on: January 03, 2013, 09:17:43 PM »
That's very good going in a relatively short time. Me, whilst I still recommend avast I don't give any referral link from the my.avast.com account. I have been using the free version of avast for over eight and a half years and have also been using my Outpost Firewall Pro for even longer and I really like that combination.

Well till now I was using the free version since 4.7 times but still...i will use the full suite with pleasure )) and i'm not a big fan of many security related programs on one machine, i like to keep it simple ))

WhizzKidRaJ

« Reply #32 on: January 09, 2013, 06:40:34 PM »
Ok I download avast free setup from my promo link and install it on 7 friends PC so that would get me 7 invites right not necessary to download 7 times the same setup from my promo link on 7 friends PC.
And 2nd question what if I renamed the setup downloaded from my promo link and then install it on my friends PC will it still count as a invite in my account.
Just curious to know and excited already got 5 friends two more to go for 1 year license.
Also this makes me think that if i successfully invite 7 friends and use my license so would the friends invite count come down to zero :( or will it stay on 7.
And if  it will stay on 7 then I should invite 7 more and then I would get a two year license right even though I'll be using the 1 year license.
Please reply thanks and if some 1 could help me get more invites by installing avast from my link please do mention it I'll post my link.
Thank you Avast for such a brilliant promotion. :D I think this should stay permenent :P ;)

Offline MartinZ

• Advanced Poster
  • Product Manager
« Reply #33 on: January 10, 2013, 09:46:27 AM »
Ok I download avast free setup from my promo link and install it on 7 friends PC so that would get me 7 invites right not necessary to download 7 times the same setup from my promo link on 7 friends PC.
And 2nd question what if I renamed the setup downloaded from my promo link and then install it on my friends PC will it still count as a invite in my account.
Just curious to know and excited already got 5 friends two more to go for 1 year license.
Also this makes me think that if i successfully invite 7 friends and use my license so would the friends invite count come down to zero :( or will it stay on 7.
And if  it will stay on 7 then I should invite 7 more and then I would get a two year license right even though I'll be using the 1 year license.
Please reply thanks and if some 1 could help me get more invites by installing avast from my link please do mention it I'll post my link.
Thank you Avast for such a brilliant promotion. :D I think this should stay permenent :P ;)

Hi,

1. yes one download and as many installs you want
2. no renaming, otherwise you might break the recommendation code
3.  it will stay on 7 and you can continue to reach a next level 14 or 21 friends and to get extra year or 2

Hope it helps,
Martin

WhizzKidRaJ

« Reply #34 on: January 10, 2013, 04:07:47 PM »
Thank you MartinZ sir for the reply, now perfectly understood. And Thanks to Avast for such a lovely promo.  And Again as I said above, I think this promo idea is great and should stay permanent. Woo hoo got 6 invites in a day :D
« Last Edit: January 10, 2013, 05:03:42 PM by whizkidraj »

davidbalaban

« Reply #35 on: January 14, 2013, 07:13:52 PM »
Dear AVAST Software Team,

I represent Privacy PC project dedicated to computer security research and software evaluation. Throughout 2012 we conducted lab tests of security software from the industry’s 10 prevalent categories, and came up with the annual rating thereof.

On behalf of our team, I’m honored to notify you that your product "avast! Free Antivirus" (read review) has won "Privacy PC Editor’s Choice Award" in "Free Antivirus Software" category!

You can review the rating here: http://privacy-pc.com/news/best-security-software-2012-privacy-pc-awards.html

Please accept our heartiest congratulations on this achievement! Keep up the great work!

Kind Regards,

--

David Balaban
Editor of Privacy PC
« Last Edit: February 11, 2013, 11:44:04 AM by davidbalaban »

bobius

« Reply #36 on: January 19, 2013, 04:43:23 PM »
Hello to all.
I obtained enough recommendations for receiving the AIS license, but now I have legal proceedings with the shop which has sold to me defective laptop. It should be returned, and then I can buy the new computer. The process will take about two months :'(. Therefore I don't want to download the free license for AIS now. I want to obtain it after acquisition of the new laptop. In this regard, I ask official avast support staff to answer two questions:
1) How long will the recommendation program last? Whether the registered/involved users will be notified on its termination?
2) Whether I will be able to use the right to the free AIS license after the promo end? Probably I’ll pass the notice of promo ending due to the lack the computer for regular Internet connection.

P.S. Excuse me for my weak English, it is not my native language.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #37 on: January 20, 2013, 06:40:01 PM »
Whether I will be able to use the right to the free AIS license after the promo end?
Bobius, the license is valid from the day it is issued and not the day you apply it in your computer (into avast!).
So, it will be valid from the day you've earned it (and will last less if you only apply two months later, for instance).
The best things in life are free.

bobius

« Reply #38 on: January 20, 2013, 08:20:31 PM »
the license is valid from the day it is issued and not the day you apply it in your computer (into avast!).
So, it will be valid from the day you've earned it
I know very well about it. So still not issue the license. I am waiting until my laptop problem will be solved. Pointless to download the license now, and activate it after a few months, which will be lost in vain. So, again, my question is - could it happen that the promo will suddenly end, and I will not be able to issue the license?
« Last Edit: January 20, 2013, 08:23:56 PM by bobius »

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #39 on: January 21, 2013, 12:46:56 AM »
So, again, my question is - could it happen that the promo will suddenly end, and I will not be able to issue the license?
Sorry bobius. It's not my area. I need someone from marketing to answer this question.
The best things in life are free.

bobius

« Reply #40 on: January 21, 2013, 06:54:55 PM »
Then I will be glad to hear a response from marketers.

bobius

« Reply #41 on: January 23, 2013, 05:43:43 PM »
After all who will be able to answer my question? Marketing members don't read this forum?

Offline MartinZ

• Advanced Poster
  • Product Manager
« Reply #42 on: January 24, 2013, 11:43:15 AM »
Hi Bobius,

no we don't plan to end this referral program anytime soon. It's not a time-limited promotion.

Martin

bobius

« Reply #43 on: January 24, 2013, 05:00:16 PM »

Martin, thank you for the answer! Good news!

happy avast user

« Reply #44 on: January 25, 2013, 02:48:46 PM »
How does one recommend avast!?

I have tried to do it through Face book, but it seems not to have worked.