Author Topic: TA forgets all settings on reboot  (Read 3483 times)

phaifras

TA forgets all settings on reboot
« on: March 13, 2012, 07:09:32 PM »
Long story short, since the board swallowed my last post:

Everytime I reboot my device TA forgot everything: It's not activated. But also neither username nor friend numbers are remembered. It's like it has never been set up before.
Any ideas? System: Motorola Defy+ 2.3.6 with latest official Motorola build - not rooted since there is no known exploit to gain root privileges  >:(

Best,

A guy who bought an unbound license shortly before TA was swallowed by Avast
« Last Edit: March 13, 2012, 07:13:08 PM by phaifras »

reinhardholzner

Re: TA forgets all settings on reboot
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2012, 07:32:15 PM »
seems like an issue with your preference stores (Android feature). Can you get us a log?

phaifras

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2012, 07:42:15 PM »
Tell me what to do and I will get you a log. Thanks for the quick answer
« Last Edit: March 13, 2012, 07:44:22 PM by phaifras »

reinhardholzner

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2012, 07:44:14 PM »
Dear Customer,

if you would like us to look into the matter please send us a log by following this step-by-step guide:

- go to Android Market
- search for "CatLog - Logcat Reader!"
- download and install the app
- start CatLog from the app menu -> CatLog will start gathering the log messages
- now use the HOME button to go back to the phone interface (do NOT use the BACK key as this will CLOSE CatLog, HOME just puts it to the back)
- use Anti Theft to simulate your issue then
- once the unwanted behaviour occured long-press the HOME key
- select CatLog app
- press the MENU key
- press Send
- press As Attachment
- select your eMail App
- send the E-Mail to wilson@avast.com along with a short description of the problem
- close CatLog (BACK key)

phaifras

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2012, 03:42:24 PM »
Hi Reinhard,

Resetting the Defy+ did the trick. Seemingly the Moto update messed around with the device. Never update an adroid without resetting it...

Thanks for your support.

OT: After 2,5 years of various android devices starting with the HTC Hero I'm sick and tired - no sensible backup solution (without root), most of the sync solutions mess Oultook up, updates which make devices buggier than before (Wlan bug @ Galaxy S2) - if there are updates at all, almost no good paid apps, fragmentation ... I just realized that my next device will be an iPhone, a Windows phone or even better a Bott2Gecko phone if Mozilla delivers.