Author Topic: Forgot Antitheft password  (Read 8359 times)

Siccmade

Forgot Antitheft password
« on: February 04, 2012, 04:28:36 AM »
Hi. i have a galaxy s2 and i installed avast security suite along with antitheft. i ended up deleting the security suite but kept the antitheft.
I have forgotten my password  ???
It used to be a number i could dial out which would activate the antitheft interface but i cant remember it! >:(
I redownloaded and installed avast security suite again, and it says i cant access it without my 4-6 digit password
The antitheft sofware is visible in my applications but under the its stealth name, this i can force stop but cannot uninstall.
Please help! :)

kcs

Re: Forgot Antitheft password
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2012, 04:34:05 AM »
you may need to sync the phone with you pc and grab all the data you want to keep and then try a Hard reset (factory restore it) or if the app still will not let you go, try a firmware update from the telco's site.
Or if that fails, then drop in to the shop that you got the phone from and see if they can help.

These are just suggestions and not fix's that are sold to work, just trying to give you some options

good luck

Siccmade

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2012, 11:29:15 PM »
Thanks for the quick reply! :)
Im not sure i want to do factory reset and if i did, i somehow doubt it would erase the antitheft.
I remember it saying that a factory reset wont uninstall it... ???
Is there anyone at Avast that can find my password somehow?
One of my contacts the antitheft uses to accept command text messages from is my second phone, so is there a command i can send to my phone that will activate the antitheft software, or allow me to reset the password?
The commands my phone currently responds to are the screen lock with siren command and a few others.

raptortech97

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2012, 03:34:27 AM »
If you are able to send commands, then the same number is used to dial and unlock the interface. Otherwise, you may have to remove Anti-theft from "device administrators" before uninstalling and re-installing.