Author Topic: How do i setup the email scanner?  (Read 5012 times)

FireCubic

How do i setup the email scanner?
« on: March 30, 2012, 09:21:16 PM »
So i have a yahoo email and i try to set it up and when i put my email in and press add it just highlights my name and if i press ok it doesnt save my account..

Could anyone give me a Tutorial on it or something? Thanks!

SORRY IF THIS IS IN THE WRONG SECTION

Gargamel360

Re: How do i setup the email scanner?
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2012, 09:29:21 PM »
You have the right section.  ;)

If all you use is Web Mail, the Mail Shield cant scan that, since it is web-based.   Mail Shield is for mail client software like Outlook and Thunderbird.

FireCubic

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2012, 09:35:47 PM »
gar, which one of those things would you recommend downloading if anything? And can i use my yahoo account on it or no?

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2012, 09:40:11 PM »
your yahoo mail is already protected.....yahoo scan all accounts using Norton AV

if you are used to yahoo webmail i suggest you continue with it.......it is less complicated.....unless you absolutely want to try a mail client?

Jack 1000

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2012, 09:42:51 PM »
your yahoo mail is already protected.....yahoo scan all accounts using Norton AV

if you are used to yahoo webmail i suggest you continue with it.......it is less complicated.....unless you absolutely want to try a mail client?

I agree!  Love Yahoo Mail!  Avast protects that automatically.  It treats it like a web page.

Jack

FireCubic

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2012, 09:48:07 PM »
Na i wownt try a mail client... didnt really realize that it has it's own AV, and i got a email that i know 99.9% it has a virus from some person claiming to be a chick(according to there name) want to date me, and i dont even know them.. thats why i wanted to get the virus scan thing..

Gargamel360

« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2012, 09:54:12 PM »
Na i wownt try a mail client... didnt really realize that it has it's own AV, and i got a email that i know 99.9% it has a virus from some person claiming to be a chick(according to there name) want to date me, and i dont even know them.. thats why i wanted to get the virus scan thing..
Oh, does this seem similar?>>http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=96449.0

Its just spam, delete it and go about you business. ;)

FireCubic

« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2012, 09:56:28 PM »
Naw, its not familiar. The email is from someone with the name "Lonely Girl" So i dont think its that... I deleted the email's as i got sent three by the same person in 12 hours..:L anyway i can block this person email or something using yahoo?

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2012, 10:14:22 PM »
anyway i can block this person email or something using yahoo?
yes... yahoo mail > settings > blocked addresses   ;)

you can add 500 addresses in the free account

Gargamel360

« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2012, 10:17:26 PM »
If it is "lonely girl", then yes, that link (you would have had to browse the whole thing) is exactly the same thing you are getting.  I know, because I got the same 3.  ;)

If this didn't end up in your SPAM box, does yahoo have the ability to report a SPAM mail?  That is another thing to do, apart from what Pondus just mentioned. 

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2012, 10:22:11 PM »
If it is "lonely girl", then yes, that link (you would have had to browse the whole thing) is exactly the same thing you are getting.  I know, because I got the same 3.  ;)

If this didn't end up in your SPAM box, does yahoo have the ability to report a SPAM mail?  That is another thing to do, apart from what Pondus just mentioned.
is the from address like girl4you or something ?.......started to get some on the account i use here

Gargamel360

« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2012, 10:27:19 PM »
is the from address like girl4you or something ?.......started to get some on the account i use here
Nope, not the same....but all 3 mails came from separate addresses here.  The only thing in common with each other as far as the From addresses, is that they are all yahoo mail.

FireCubic

« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2012, 10:42:01 PM »
Pondus, its probably the same person just different email's.. looks like someone is eather really desperate for someone or wants to get our computers infected..

FireCubic

« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2012, 10:43:23 PM »
Oh, and 2 were in the spam, one wasnt