Author Topic: avast results says it cannot find path for windows defender file  (Read 3309 times)

x2397

Hi,

I did a scan with avast and there were no infections but there was one thing that it could not find a path to c:\programdata\microsoft\windowsdefender\definitionupdate\{51a39690-7b50-4b55-9fca-7562f1e0f324}\mpengine.dll

I performed the scan with the latest definition update and am running Windows 7, the results of the scan indicate that it cannot open the file mentioned in my first post because it cannot find its path, and there were no infection. I am wondering whether this is of any concern to my system's integrity.

Thanks.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2010, 10:41:09 PM by x2397 »

sandeep108

Re: avast results says it cannot find path for windows defender file
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2010, 07:41:57 AM »
I too have been getting similar messages (not related to defender, but relating to \windows\assembly\....) as the OP on a full scan. There is no action listed to be taken, but it is listed as a threat.

SafeSurf

Re: avast results says it cannot find path for windows defender file
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2010, 08:24:51 AM »
@ x2397,
@ sandeep108,

Please go to PROFILE on the top of the main forum page > Modify Profile > Forum Profile Information > Signature.   Enter information about your system like the Operating System (OS), RAM, browser, security software, what version of Avast and firewall you use and other items you wish to mention.  See my signature or others as an example.  The purpose of this is so that we can offer pertinent advice.  Thank you.