Author Topic: How do I delete a trojan horse in Avast?  (Read 4669 times)

IHateViruses

How do I delete a trojan horse in Avast?
« on: March 02, 2013, 08:01:55 AM »
So while searching through Google, I clicked on a specific link and as I accessed the webpage, Avast! had told me that a trojan horse (or something) was detected when I visited the site, but luckily the Avast web shield was able to block it. I forgot, but it either said that a malicious URL was blocked or a trojan horse was blocked.

anyways, I then opened Avast, went to the Web Shield section (in the Real-Time Shields tab), clicked on Shield Log, and it showed me the URL which I'm assuming was the malicious one that Avast! blocked.

Here's the thing though: even though the Web Shield Scan Log says that Avast! blocked it, I can't do anything with it. Below where it says "Action" it just says Blocked, and I don't know how to delete it.

...well, IS there a way to delete it? And if so, how?

I'd appreciate it if someone could respond, I'm starting to get very worried...

true indian

Re: How do I delete a trojan horse in Avast?
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2013, 08:17:14 AM »
If avast said it blocked it means it wasnt allowed to enter your PC..You are safe!  ;)

IHateViruses

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2013, 08:26:14 AM »
If avast said it blocked it means it wasnt allowed to enter your PC..You are safe!  ;)

Are you sure I'm going to be safe?

You see, I'm using the free version of Avast!. It expires in 5 days and I'm worried because if it expires, that means I have to uninstall the program, and if I uninstall Avast...doesn't that mean the malicious URL will infect my pc since Avast isn't blocking it anymore? or will it still be blocked regardless whether Avast! is uninstalled or not?

I'm not an expert into this kind of stuff so I really don't know what to do or what will happen :S
« Last Edit: March 02, 2013, 08:29:45 AM by IHateViruses »

Offline mikaelrask

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2013, 08:37:00 AM »
hey you could easy registry the free version for another year inside the program where the superscription is.
Windows 8.1 amd a10-5700 64 bit
12 GB ram 1 tb hard drive. Avast 18, MBAM

IHateViruses

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2013, 08:50:35 AM »
I can still use the free version of Avast! by reinstalling it, but I don't want to because I'm not sure if the malicious URL will infect my PC once Avast! is uninstalled, and I'm not sure if Avast! will stop blocking the malicious URL once I uninstall Avast! itself...

Here are the only things I want to know:

Whether I keep Avast installed or not, will this malicious URL be blocked forever, meaning that it will NEVER infect my PC? Or will Avast! stop blocking it if I uninstall it?
Is there anyway to remove this malicious URL in Avast?
« Last Edit: March 02, 2013, 08:53:04 AM by IHateViruses »

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2013, 08:55:29 AM »
I can still use the free version of Avast! by reinstalling it, but I don't want to because I'm not sure if the malicious URL will infect my PC once Avast! is uninstalled, and I'm not sure if Avast! will stop blocking it if it's uninstalled...
the URL is not on your computer......it is on internet
what was the url?....post it here but unclickable....http as hxxp and www as wxw

register your avast free again for another free year, no need to uninstall

IHateViruses

« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2013, 09:10:18 AM »
I deleted my history after Avast! said that the malicious URL was blocked, but I believe this was the URL I tried going to:

wxw google com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=2&cad=rja&ved=0CD8QFjAB&url=http%3A%2F%2Fforums.filefront.com%2Fcall-duty-4-discussion%2F382230-does-anyone-know-how-work-cl_avidemo.html&ei=JLIxUZHvG-iyigLKsIDYAg&usg=AFQjCNEK5hnW7THNlNYoADny5sR00iPkCw&bvm=bv.43148975,d.cGE

I didn't want to go to the website itself and copy the link, so instead I decided to copy the Google link that redirects you to that page

quick question: avast wants my first and last name, and my email if i want to register the free version for more time. this may be dumb to ask, but is this safe? and what will they use my name and email for?

also, i don't mean to keep bringing this up but i'd appreciate it if somebody could please answer these questions for me:

Whether I keep Avast installed or not, will this malicious URL be blocked forever, meaning that it will NEVER infect my PC? Or will Avast! stop blocking it if I uninstall it?
Is there anyway to remove this malicious URL in Avast? It tells me that it is blocked, but I can't delete it, move it to the chest, etc.

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2013, 09:18:01 AM »
quick question: avast wants my first and last name, and my email if i want to register the free version for more time. this may be dumb to ask, but is this safe? and what will they use my name and email for?
yes it is safe....and it is used to keep track of how many users of the program
you can also create a avast account where you can monitor the status of several installs.   https://my.avast.com/

Is there anyway to remove this malicious URL in Avast? It tells me that it is blocked, but I can't delete it, move it to the chest, etc.
do you get any pop ups from avast even when not surfing?......if so that may indicate that you have a infection in your machine

if it only happend when you went to that url then avast saved you, there is nothing on your machine to move/delete

« Last Edit: March 02, 2013, 09:53:50 AM by Pondus »

IHateViruses

« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2013, 09:35:53 PM »
Sorry for the late response, anyways by "pop-ups" what are you referring to?

if you're referring to the Avast! pop-ups that tell me that a malicious URL was blocked, I only got the pop-up when I visited the URL. After that no other pop-ups appeared.

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2013, 09:40:05 PM »
Sorry for the late response, anyways by "pop-ups" what are you referring to?

it should be clear....
do you get any pop ups from avast even when not surfing?......if so that may indicate that you have a infection in your machine

I only got the pop-up when I visited the URL. After that no other pop-ups appeared.
then you are safe.....avast saved your day   ;)