Author Topic: How do I get rid of Safe Zone?  (Read 3085 times)

caroleu

How do I get rid of Safe Zone?
« on: October 22, 2013, 08:41:29 PM »
Hello. I am an Avast Pro subscriber using Win XP and yesterday when it upgraded it added something called Safe Zone. I don't have any interest in having this, and whether coincidentally or not, my computer is running very slowly today. I went to run/msconfig/startup to try to turn off the automatic startup on Safe Zone but can't find it - just one Avast thing, which I assume is my primary Avast AV. I'd like to get rid of Safe Zone. How would I do that? Thanks

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: How do I get rid of Safe Zone?
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2013, 09:42:31 PM »
From Add Remove Programs, select avast! and click the Change/Remove button.

This will open a new Window, select the Change option, you should now see the avast features/functions, etc. uncheck the option for the safe zone. I don't have the Pro version so I can't say for sure that the safe zone will be in this listing or if it is an integral part of avast Pro 9.0.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Rohugh

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2013, 09:47:56 PM »
It is in the Premier version so I assume it is in Pro.

caroleu

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2013, 10:17:43 PM »
Thanks. will see how that works.

Offline lukas.hasik

• Avast team
  • Advanced Poster
  • Product manager of Avast Security for Windows
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2013, 10:24:20 PM »
Hello. I am an Avast Pro subscriber using Win XP and yesterday when it upgraded it added something called Safe Zone. I don't have any interest in having this, and whether coincidentally or not, my computer is running very slowly today. I went to run/msconfig/startup to try to turn off the automatic startup on Safe Zone but can't find it - just one Avast thing, which I assume is my primary Avast AV. I'd like to get rid of Safe Zone. How would I do that? Thanks

To get rid off SafeZone - go to "Control Panel > Programs > right click Avast Antivirus, "Uninstall/Change" > choose "Change" > then unselect "SafeZone" component
Quality is also a feature.