Author Topic: ADNM Migration to new server  (Read 10943 times)

MaceUK

ADNM Migration to new server
« on: July 26, 2011, 05:08:12 PM »
ADNM Migration to new server

I have recently migrated the ADNM tool from one server to another. This has been done very easily by exporting all the machines from OLDSERVER and importing to the NEWSERVER.

The problem i have, is that they all appear there but they are not registering with ADNM to give the VPS versions etc... If you look at them, they all look like they dont have the Avast app installed, when i know they have as i have gone to machines, got them to update, which they do to the NEWSERVER. But the view remains the same in ADNM.

Does anyone know how to get ADNM to update its databse so that it can correctly give the details i need?

Many thanks

Lee

MaceUK

Re: ADNM Migration to new server
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2011, 05:11:13 PM »
Sorry i should add all licensing is up to date and successfully imported to the ADNM tool

Offline .: Mac :.

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Ultra Poster
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2011, 06:04:01 PM »
Did you change the AMS address in your Computer Catalog? Right Click the computer catalog, then choose communication on the left side and update your AMS Address field.
"People who are really serious about software should make their own hardware." - Alan Kay

MaceUK

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2011, 10:48:12 AM »
The communication settings for the AMS server have the correct IP address listed. The address should be the server where ADNM is installed correct?
The IP of the server that ADNM is installed on is 192.168.4.30, and in the communication setting it has the same IP 192.168.4.30.

Any thing else to check?

wpn

« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2011, 01:31:47 PM »
What MAC meant was did you change the AMS setting on the OLD server?

The clients are looking for the old server by the setting they have from it. I have read that if it cant find that server, the client looks for another AMS server, but from my experience it looks directly to internet if it cant find the server it used to communicate with.

you can take 1 client and manually change the AMS server it checks for.
Go to the CLI and change directory to the directory where you installed AVAST in.

in that directory there should be an executable called  ASWCHAMS.EXE

use it on the CLI like this:
ASWCHAMS xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
Where xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx is the IP adres (or dnsname) from your NEW server.

If this client shows up in the new server after manually updating (im impatient enough to not wait for the automatic contact) then you know what to do
With the manual update in the GUI (on the client) you can also see where the client gets its updates from.

Offline .: Mac :.

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Ultra Poster
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2011, 07:28:09 PM »
What MAC meant was did you change the AMS setting on the OLD server?

The clients are looking for the old server by the setting they have from it. I have read that if it cant find that server, the client looks for another AMS server, but from my experience it looks directly to internet if it cant find the server it used to communicate with.

you can take 1 client and manually change the AMS server it checks for.
Go to the CLI and change directory to the directory where you installed AVAST in.

in that directory there should be an executable called  ASWCHAMS.EXE

use it on the CLI like this:
ASWCHAMS xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
Where xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx is the IP adres (or dnsname) from your NEW server.

If this client shows up in the new server after manually updating (im impatient enough to not wait for the automatic contact) then you know what to do
With the manual update in the GUI (on the client) you can also see where the client gets its updates from.

Yes Exactly. Also if using the ASWCHAMS.EXE works you can put the command to be run in a logon script to avoid having to go around to each computer.
"People who are really serious about software should make their own hardware." - Alan Kay

MaceUK

« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2011, 04:27:20 PM »
Well done! Super stars!

I had to switch on the old server, change the communication IP to the new server, left it on overnight to proporgate around the clients and all is updating on the new server.

Thanks again!

wpn

« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2011, 10:07:28 PM »
your welcome :)