Author Topic: Google Chrome install  (Read 14876 times)

kronk

Re: Google Chrome install
« Reply #30 on: March 21, 2014, 03:46:56 PM »
This is ridiculous. I paid for antivirus & get adware when updating...that stupid google option should be removed. It's like I'm updating a freeware app & you have to be careful not to install the other crap along with it. Don't think I will be extending my subscription to avast in the future with them adding bloatware to paid subscriptions.  >:(

EricBee

Re: Google Chrome install
« Reply #31 on: April 17, 2014, 04:25:29 AM »
Just found this topic after updating my Avast as prompted.

Never had a problem before, but registered just to express my distaste and now distrust of Avast (I will be seeking new virus protection tomorrow) for autoinstalling a Google product on my heretofore Google-free gaming device. I have been very careful to not log in to my gmail, and not use any Google product on this machine.

And now, not only does Avast do it for me (seemingly without asking), they also reassignmed my default browser from Firefox to Chrome. Unfortunately, I am likely not as savvy as some of you above, and am not sure about how to/whether I am safely able to remove all of what Mountain View has now left on this machine. I'm sure I'll find out soon via cross marketing on my phone.

This is appalingly unacceptable from a company alleging to protect us from prying eyes and making a big deal about reading their privacy policy.

The irony is truly laughable. I am amazed at this level of ineptitude and lack of respect.

Just wanted to add my piece before I leave Avast permanently and share openly with my friends that they should stay far away from a wolf in sheep's clothing.