Author Topic: unwanted behavior caused by vendor changes?  (Read 2011 times)

laflaone

unwanted behavior caused by vendor changes?
« on: August 14, 2012, 02:46:41 PM »
Just got a galaxy SIII from Verizon.  In the FAQ's for mobile Avast, there is this statement:  "yes, Avast! Free Mobile Security is supported on official releases of android 4.X(ice cream sandwich/ICS) but some vendors are changing it for their purposes and in this case you can experience unwanted behavior."

Before I commit to Avast, I want to know what that means.  I want to be assured that all advertised features work before I purchase(yes, I would do the upgrade) this software.

Offline Filip Havlicek

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
Re: unwanted behavior caused by vendor changes?
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2012, 03:14:45 PM »
Hi,

at the moment avast! Mobile Security and all of its features are completely free so you can try without a doubt. A feature that might not work due to vendor changes (feature we actually found not working properly on some devices) is for example incoming call blocking.

Filip

laflaone

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2012, 04:07:11 PM »
Filip, blocking of incoming unwanted calls (or failing to) would not be a deal breaker.  Not being able to locate the phone if it was stolen would be.  Could this feature be counted on to reliably work?

Offline Filip Havlicek

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2012, 04:41:16 PM »
Hi,

it should, yes. You can simulate all the events by yourself to see how well it works. If you use our new beta (http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=101642.0), you will be able to send the commands from your browser as well.

Filip