Author Topic: VisthAux.exe  (Read 16787 times)

reuven

VisthAux.exe
« on: May 31, 2012, 01:32:47 AM »
XP. avast free version 7. avast can not be installed-Windows cannot find C:\Program Files\AVAST software\avast\VisthAux.exe. My system is unsecured and when I go to 'fixit', that is the message given.Please help.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: VisthAux.exe
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2012, 02:40:18 AM »
I suggest an installation from scratch:

1. Download the latest version of avast! Uninstall Utility and save it.
2. Download the latest avast! version and save it.
3. (Optional) If you want, save your avast! settings for later restoration (Settings > Maintenance > Back up).
4. Uninstall avast from Control Panel (if possible). If, for any reason, you can't run it, try booting in Safe Mode and doing it from there. Anyway, boot after that.
5. Run the avast! Uninstall Utility saved on 1 in Safe Mode. Boot after you've run it. Repeat this for any major avast! version you have ever installed/upgraded in your computer.
6. Install avast! using the setup saved on 2. Boot.
7. Register your free copy or add the license key for Pro. Or even upgrade your key from old versions.
8. Check and post the results. If, for any reason, you did not solve, try doing the step 3 in Safe Mode anyway.
The best things in life are free.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: VisthAux.exe
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2012, 02:46:33 AM »
Replies already in his other topic, http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=99052.0
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security