Author Topic: Avast! was identified as a Trojan Horse, and was removed  (Read 2184 times)

Alcore

Avast! was identified as a Trojan Horse, and was removed
« on: May 27, 2013, 03:13:15 AM »
Hello everyone!

I have a problem right now with Avast! I have three anti-virus programs, Avast! SUPERantispyware, and Malwarebytes; and they play along pretty nicely for the past 4-6 years. I use Avast! to scan once a month at most, i use it mostly for online protection, but SUPERantispyware i use pretty much use daily to do some scanning. I scanned frequently thoughout the day, maybe 3-4 times daily with it, but just a few moments ago i scanned and it saw Avast! as a Trojan Horse, i hit remove only to realize my mistake. I rebooted and the side bar of my Windows Vista had the Avast widget, but the check mark in the box is missing, the icon and program remain in my control panel and side bar.

I cannot Un-install, or Re-install Avast! on my computer. Please help As soon as possible!

An error - (00000000) has occured, Last performed operation was: Spawning  <<< When i try to install it
« Last Edit: May 27, 2013, 03:16:16 AM by Alcore »

Aventador

Re: Avast! was identified as a Trojan Horse, and was removed
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2013, 03:18:25 AM »
SuperAntiSpyware and MalwareBytes are not antiviruses. Were you using the free versions of these? You also do not need to scan several times a day. That is absurd.

FastMiddle

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2013, 03:28:31 AM »
Follow this instructions www.avast.com/uninstall-utility
After that download a fresh copy of avast and re install it.
I agree with aventador, scanning several times a day is a bit overkill. If you have all the avast shields on, then you should be fine. But I guess you have your own experience, and it might tell you otherwise.
BTW it is a good idea to exclude avast from SuperAntiSpyware and vice-versa.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2013, 03:30:54 AM by FastMiddle »

Alcore

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2013, 03:38:08 AM »
oh my gosh, thanks so much!